• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR Hand Guard Recommendations

bigbravehog

NES Member
title says it all - Looking for hand guard recommendations for Colt LE 1000 that fits this model

TIA

As in drop-in handguards without any modification to the front sight base/gas block, delta ring, or barrel removal?

If so, the answer is easy. Daniel Defense Omega 7”. Free floated, tested in combat, and drops onto a standard issue carbine length M4 upper without any modification.

I’ve only used the picatinny version, and that’s the only version used in combat that I know of. But they do offer an M-LOK version now too.

As in drop-in handguards without any modification to the front sight base/gas block, delta ring, or barrel removal?

If so, the answer is easy. Daniel Defense Omega 7”. Free floated, tested in combat, and drops onto a standard issue carbine length M4 upper without any modification.

I’ve only used the picatinny version, and that’s the only version used in combat that I know of. But they do offer an M-LOK version now too.

perfect - thank you. My first AR and needed something I could easily drop in without me f**cking anything up.

perfect - thank you. My first AR and needed something I could easily drop in without me f**cking anything up.
Just make sure you reapply blue loctite to the screws when putting it back on, if you take it off at some point.

if you want to spend less and don’t care about a free floated handguard, but want something to attach a light or similar, Magpul is kind of the de facto.

But I’m a big fan of free floated barrels. And the 7” Omega was the go-to for military members who wanted to get a free floated barrel but weren’t allowed to modify their guns. USAF PJs rocked the Omega for a while too.

Just make sure you reapply blue loctite to the screws when putting it back on, if you take it off at some point.

if you want to spend less and don’t care about a free floated handguard, but want something to attach a light or similar, Magpul is kind of the de facto.

But I’m a big fan of free floated barrels. And the 7” Omega was the go-to for military members who wanted to get a free floated barrel but weren’t allowed to modify their guns. USAF PJs rocked the Omega for a while too.
Thanks again. Magpul looks less expensive too. I picked up this entry level unfired preban (2016) Colt LE 1000, added a dust cover and forward assist. Learning as much as I can about ARs, as well as a secondary home self defense rifle.

"As in drop-in handguards without any modification to the front sight base/gas block, delta ring, or barrel removal?"
correct. Take the original on off, put new one in, to mount an optic and possible light and other attachments.

"I’ve only used the picatinny version, and that’s the only version used in combat that I know of. But they do offer an M-LOK version now too."

the 9.0 or 7.0 ??

"As in drop-in handguards without any modification to the front sight base/gas block, delta ring, or barrel removal?"
correct. Take the original on off, put new one in, to mount an optic and possible light and other attachments.

"I’ve only used the picatinny version, and that’s the only version used in combat that I know of. But they do offer an M-LOK version now too."

the 9.0 or 7.0 ??
The 7” is for the carbine length gas system on the normal M4/6920/government profile 14.5”/16” barrels. This is the one for you.

Although, I figured you meant CE1000. Do you have a picture of your “LE 1000” to make sure I’m thinking it’s the correct thing?

The 9” is for barrels with a mid-length gas system.

The 7” is for the carbine length gas system on the normal M4/6920/government profile 14.5”/16” barrels. This is the one for you.

Although, I figured you meant CE1000. Do you have a picture of your “LE 1000” to make sure I’m thinking it’s the correct thing?

The 9” is for barrels with a mid-length gas system.

Attachments

• 20200725_141747.png
    20200725_141747.png
    578.4 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom