• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ar build

I lost too many brain cells reading his shite writing. Autocorrect is a thing, ya know.
Maura must be outsourcing her spies...

This OP is so entertaining I say we take up a collection to fund his membership...
I'll pay for it. If he promises to post. Not being a dick. He might be a fine person that is not great at keyboards. It happens. But the more he talks and posts the more we can get to know him. And his style of posting.

Lol. He is probably a good dude. Im not gonna say he sucks because his autocorrect sucks. He may be trying to type quickly to get his point out faster. Not ready to go total retard on him. He hasn't been rude. Which is sadly a change from others
true true. He reminds me of my cousin actually.

Man. People here generally like things typed in English. We are not grammar or spelling nazis but your writing is on another level. Also what post made you think people are judging you? The hi maura posts? You joined like a week ago and you come on a forum and want details on how to build an ar in Massachusetts. Think about that.

You need to grow acceptance with all these people. Everyone on here knows im a retard that jokes to much and ruins threads. But at least they know they can trust me. Nobody knows you. That takes time to build
"Everyone on here knows im a retard"

"I'm"; [pot]

Speaking of retards - I'm loading 124 grn 9mm; just got down about 20 left in the tray, cracked open a new box and dumped 147grn into the tray. Picked up one and went "huh?". Now I'm checking 520(?) bullets to separate them.
You are a better man than me. I would have said f*** it and kept the press moving

You are a better man than me. I would have said f*** it and kept the press moving

I've got to look up the specs on that load. It's 147grn over 4.0 of Titegroup at 1.16 OAL. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking that's gonna be way too short OAL. I'm betting I'm gonna pull those and reload.

Good news is that I didn't know I had those 147 grn bullets, and I've been looking for some to load 357Sig with. I've got 150+ left, but haven't been able to find any - well, turns out I have (2) boxes of 500. That's enough for a while.

So, to quit derailing this thread -

@Jojocru if you want to buy or build an AR, you really need to nail down a little more what you want to do. And do some looking into Mass's particular laws as well as the AG's "copycat" statement so that you can make an informed, intelligent decision.

I have a couple of AR's. I've got one with a 20" barrel and a decent scope for shooting out to 500 yards, (longest range at my club). I've got another with a 16" barrel and a decent 1-6 glass on it for shooting anywhere from 50' to 200 yards, (300 if I push my limits). Then I've got another one with a holograph sight on it for closer shooting. Plus a pistol or two because they make great truck guns.

It's kind of like a set of screwdrivers - they're all similar, but they're different based upon what you're going to use them for.

Plus, your situation in Mass is complicated/restricted by state law. Google it - it's easy enough to find references all over the internet. Do some reading about Maura Healy's "edict", try to understand it.

So - to recap - figure out what you're going to do with the gun, and measure that against your own mechanical skills - do you need/want to buy a complete firearm or do you want to assemble one? Once you've figured that out - figure out what laws apply and what you're going to do about that.

If you post specific questions here, you'll get answers. But "what kind of car/truck/bicycle should I buy?" type of questions aren't gonna get answered.

Back
Top Bottom