AR Build

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of building an AR-15 type rifle and I unfortunately live in MA. I know the deal about the uppers not being allowed to have a bayonette lug or a detachable flash supressor on them. My question is would it be legal to purchase an upper that has a detachable style flash supperssor already on it and then ship it here and modify it for a pinned style? or is it illegal to purchase/ship/own an upper with these features on them altogether.

I appreciate the input.

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of building an AR-15 type rifle and I unfortunately live in MA. I know the deal about the uppers not being allowed to have a bayonette lug or a detachable flash supressor on them. My question is would it be legal to purchase an upper that has a detachable style flash supperssor already on it and then ship it here and modify it for a pinned style? or is it illegal to purchase/ship/own an upper with these features on them altogether.

I appreciate the input.

Yes, you can absolutely buy the upper and then have a place like Zero Hour, etc remove the FS and pin a brake on. Don't forget you need to have that dangerous bayonet lug ground off as well - they're bad....

Thanks, thats what Im going to do then. know of any good websites for cheaply priced uppers and such?

Thanks, thats what Im going to do then. know of any good websites for cheaply priced uppers and such?

If you go green and get access to the members forum, you'll see we just did a group lower purchase. 200 of them. There are several threads discussing uppers and their purchase in that portion of the forum.

Thanks matt, that was helpful.. and that was a great review by the way. the rifle looks pretty nice. I think I might be interested in a dissipator style upper, im not really sure though, still considering my options. Of course, one of the nice things about AR types is that you can swap out uppers and more or less have a complete different beast if you like.

The Dissipator is a nice setup. The shorter barrel and full length sight radius makes it very nice to shoot. I have an upper built up using Busmaster's Dissipator barrel.

Back
Top Bottom