• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR Build Party Feeler

That's pretty funny [lol]. What makes me laugh about the poster is #7 "Addiction Therapy". What if the person painting is an alcoholic?

I love this thread...
Seriously. As F'd up and crazy as my AK build party was, I think everybody walked away with a great education, a memorable day, a full stomach, and a shirt ;).

I'll be gone to NC (that's right, outta here bitches!) as of February 1st, and one thing I'm sad about is that I won't be here to host another - much more organized and strict - build party. An AR build party is a great start, and I hope it's just as much fun, and builds just as many friendships. I tip my hat to you Ben, for setting up the "factory" you plan to apparently offer to teach people in. That's damn righteous of you! I'll miss doing more with this kickass group of people.

Anybody wondering if going to this is worth it - YES. GO! You will not regret the time spent. Make this happen. Keep it happening. And spread it like Charlie Sheen spreads the Hiv.

I'd be interested for sure. Would have to order/get all the parts before hand. Any time frame set up yet?

Huh??? What did you use a dremel for???

barrel wrench
roll pin punch
vise blocks
headspace gauges

are about all of the specialized tools needed for an AR.

Torque wrench?

Also... I ordered a lot of parts over the break, and many have already arrived.

Still very interested, but I don't have a feel for when my barrel will be delivered from the group buy yet. If I miss this round, I guess I can go the next time it comes around, though mounting the barrel, gas block and all that would be of great interest to me, as I don't have a good vice or the tools!

I'd be happy to come assist.

I could bring barrel nut wrenches, torque wrenches, upper and lower receiver blocks and a clamp on vise.

Don

- - - Updated - - -

Torque wrench?

Also... I ordered a lot of parts over the break, and many have already arrived.

A torque wrench is not a specialized tool for building or maintaining firearms.

By the way, if you don't have one, Harbor freight's are plenty good enough. I had to have one of mine calibrated for aircraft use and it checked out very well. Not bad for $15

I'd be interested, depending on the date and time. I've got my AR mostly built, but need someone to make sure it won't blow up when I shoot it. I also need someone to help install the muzzle brake.
I can bring a torque wrench, armorers tool, and lower vice block as well as some parts.

All my parts were delivered and ready to go!

Just to vent....
1. Seekins Ambi safety was not milled properly and impossible to flip. I'm sending it back.
2. A FireTacSports Chinese fore grip I bought (so I can build and test my build while I wait for my Group Buy Davinci) was much better than expected.

Back
Top Bottom