AR Build Party Feeler

New England Armory

NES Member
Last edited:
I'd be interested to watch and learn. Just bought a complete upper. Where in west newbury are you?

I'm interested..how does this work? The reason I ask is I'm interested in building a budget Hbar for service rifle comps.

We will be doing build party's / classes for Ak's . From helping out at the last build party we learned a few things . Smaller the group the better. And forcing stricter rules for the style of the build , i.e. Pre populated barrels vs needing to populate.
Having a group of guys needing barrels populated with different skill sets it can become a huge cluster.

Where doing this mainly to help you guys get some ar builds done that don't have the tools and so you can meet other members .

There's a couple more tools we need to get before we can really offer an all-in-one service. Once we do, we wanna throw a nice one. The AR one is easier as we're (NEA) not working on serialized parts, and requires a lot less specialized tools.
I built my 300 blackout with a dremel and roll pins. What special tools? Is this a special education build :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I just picture this. :D

6c7e7de608200c9dbed3d09a11ce4d43.jpg

bfd95113cffdba765f81558d4ee82aad.jpg

e8cb0e1570c2ac4eb6ed8f68a00e2d13.jpg

bcde055f9bbc28d76c46341cc046ca67.jpg

We will be doing build party's / classes for Ak's . From helping out at the last build party we learned a few things . Smaller the group the better. And forcing stricter rules for the style of the build , i.e. Pre populated barrels vs needing to populate.
Having a group of guys needing barrels populated with different skill sets it can become a huge cluster.

Where doing this mainly to help you guys get some ar builds done that don't have the tools and so you can meet other members .

Ben, I have a barrel from a recent Green Mountain group buy, would drilling the holes for the FSB be outside of what you had in mind for this build party?

I am interested either way as I do have a couple of lowers to build out.

I'm interested, though I'm waiting on my backordered GM barrel from the group buy. [sad2] In reality, my lower is completely built, so I'm just needing to finish the (currently stripped) upper. I've ordered my barrel and received my hand guard, but would need the low profile gas block, rifle length gas tube, UPK and a charging handle. Would you be able to sell these more generic parts as part of the party or should I just buy them ahead of time? Also, not sure what muzzle break I want yet, but help pinning/welding that would be a bonus, too!

We would be doing silver solder . I prefer it over welding . If you want to change the flash hider or reuse it when the barrel gets shot out you'll thank us . You just need to heat it up and then clean the threads up .

For small parts doing a group buy would be a pain since people's gas tube would be different lengths etc only way to get a break is ordering a lot of them 20-50 . But even then Amazon is cheaper believe it or not.

Use comma2a amazon link for the small parts . I've gotten 90% of parts for a few builds that way. The get money and you'll save .

We will have some parts from our parts bin. When we helped with the ak party . We brought our collection of parts just incase and sure enough we helped a few guys out who's kits where missing parts or went missing in the grass .

Back
Top Bottom