AR-15 thread... I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

My 9mm awesomeness..

9mmupper_zpsf638591b.jpg

Drool.

She's halfway done, and looking pretty sexy already... Everything is in the mail except the barrel - Only ones I can find are no-name brands that I can only find mixed reviews on, so it might be a while [thinking]. Where the hell are all the barrels anyway?? Even the manufacturers don't know when more will be made.

Spikes Lower
Spikes Lower Build Kit
Magpul Trigger Guard
Magpul MOE K2 Grip
Magpul MOE Stock
PSA Buffer Tube Kit

Spikes Upper
Spikes BCG
BCM Gunfighter Charging Handel (Mod-4)

Attachments

• IMG_20131215_180902_505.jpg
    IMG_20131215_180902_505.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 41
She's halfway done, and looking pretty sexy already... Everything is in the mail except the barrel - Only ones I can find are no-name brands that I can only find mixed reviews on, so it might be a while [thinking]. Where the hell are all the barrels anyway?? Even the manufacturers don't know when more will be made.

Spikes Lower
Spikes Lower Build Kit
Magpul Trigger Guard
Magpul MOE K2 Grip
Magpul MOE Stock
PSA Buffer Tube Kit

Spikes Upper
Spikes BCG
BCM Gunfighter Charging Handel (Mod-4)

Nice build.

We have a Green Mountain Barrel buy happening in a few weeks in the group buy forum. They are excellent quality and fairly priced. I have one and it's nice.

Everything is in the mail except the barrel - Only ones I can find are no-name brands that I can only find mixed reviews on, so it might be a while [thinking]. Where the hell are all the barrels anyway?? Even the manufacturers don't know when more will be made.

What are you looking for - length/gas system/fsb or no etc, and how much do you want to spend?

UPS man played Santa today. Spikes Tactical replaced my Gen I Billet Upper with their Gen II Billet Upper and they came a knocking this afternoon.

Unlike the Gen I, the Gen II actually fits in my AR upper vice block! [grin]

Put it all back together already. It fits very, very well with the Quentin Defense Billet lower.

A casualty of this replacement; My Diamondhead integrated sights found themselves a new home on my KSG. Going to have to buy an optic now. [smile]

billet1_01.jpg billet1_02.jpg

IMG_0642.JPG IMG_0643.JPG IMG_0644.JPG

Last edited:
That's cool, I've heard of them but not much.... do they supply any AR manufacturers?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Yes they do.

A lot of companies that get their barrels sourced out though, won't tell you that.

Just like how Remsport makes Lone Wolf barrels for Glock.

That would have to be mated with a proper buffer, to make the gun run right, yes?

They will run with almost any system, but they can be harsh. The idea is to reduce reciprocating weight, but that increase bolt speed, so you slow down unlocking speed with less gas and less returning slam home forces with lighter buffers. you have 3 different recoil impulses with the AR, recoil from the round, which can be mitigated with a good brake. The carrier hitting all end of the stock, which the gas block, light carrier can reduce. And the bcg slamming home, which lightweight carriers and buffers help with.

So to get the most out of it, you need a lightweight buffer. The little one will work in either a carbine or rifle tube. The JP buffer is rifle only.

They will run with almost any system, but they can be harsh. The idea is to reduce reciprocating weight, but that increase bolt speed, so you slow down unlocking speed with less gas and less returning slam home forces with lighter buffers. you have 3 different recoil impulses with the AR, recoil from the round, which can be mitigated with a good brake. The carrier hitting all end of the stock, which the gas block, light carrier can reduce. And the bcg slamming home, which lightweight carriers and buffers help with.

So to get the most out of it, you need a lightweight buffer. The little one will work in either a carbine or rifle tube. The JP buffer is rifle only.

Oh very cool. Interesting that that little guy would work in a rifle tube. Awesome.

Thanks for that info.

this is sexy, looks light.
how far out have you shot with it? like the scope?

500 yards. Love the scope. It isn't light. The S2W barrel tapers like a hunting rifle barrel. Non chrome lined and Nitro coated. I would call it a medium weight barrel.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a Magpul CTR or STR stock?

STR

Finished the Aero build

1it0.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, the most satisfaction was derived from dialing in the right size and shape of the mag stand.

Last edited:
UPS man played Santa today. Spikes Tactical replaced my Gen I Billet Upper with their Gen II Billet Upper and they came a knocking this afternoon.

Put it all back together already. It fits very, very well with the Quentin Defense Billet lower.

A casualty of this replacement; My Diamondhead integrated sights found themselves a new home on my KSG. Going to have to buy an optic now. [smile]

View attachment 88227 View attachment 88228

View attachment 88229 View attachment 88230 View attachment 88231

Late catching up on the thread - but that is awesome

Think I may have to do something similar with my QD lower [thumbsup]

This is my second AR build. This time I wanted to do as much as I could myself. I started with an 80% lower. I did all the machining, the anodizing and the color myself. I had tutelage from Goldiggie with the color and anodizing. Under the color is a glass bead finish. I built the compensator myself in house. I wanted this build to be light and short.

1. 80% Lower 100% machined in house by me, anodized and colored by me at Goldiggie's house.
2. Ice Arms Stainless Steel 14.7 in barrel with welded and pinned muzzle device for a total barrel length of 17 inches. The compensator is stainless steel and was 100% manufactured in house by me. Pinned and welded by me in house.
3. Ace stock
4. MagPul fore grip
5.EOTech EXPS2-2 Holographic Weapon Sight
6. EXO Bead Finish NiB M-16 Bolt Carrier Group, 9310 Bolt.

DSC_4223.JPG
DSC_4224.JPG
DSC_4222.JPG
DSC_4204.JPG
DSC_4203.JPG
DSC_4214.JPG
DSC_4213.JPG
DSC_4212.JPG
DSC_4196-001.JPG
DSC_4196.JPG

View attachment 88227 View attachment 88228

View attachment 88229 View attachment 88230 View attachment 88231

What grip is that???

The family: Custom M&P sport and latest 14.5" Green Mountain barrel build on DGW (Detroit Gun Works) lower. Specs are in December acquisitions thread.

6u3ahade.jpg

hu4a5a4y.jpg

myda9e5y.jpg

The 14.5" is so light compared to my M&P. I'm in love already [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom