ar-15 retrofit gas piston for Bushmaster

CMMG makes one for under 300,I was thinking about picking one up for my next build,
but as far as satisfaction I havent heard any news about any on the retro-fit kits. . .
I just know I really want a Para Tactical Target or a LWRCI but I just dont have that type of cash laying around for a "Toy"

Last edited:
CMMG makes one for under 300,I was thinking about picking one up for my next build,
but as far as satisfaction I havent heard any news about any on the retro-fit kits. . .
I just know I really want a Para Tactical Target or a LWRCI but I just dont have that type of cash laying around for a "Toy"

does CMMG have a web site?

This is true but heat really isn't an issue to begin with. More parts equals less reliability. There is really nothing wrong the the gas system to begin with.

Mike

AR pistons are lots of sizzle and no steak IMHO. They are neat though.

I think a reliable piston system will be an advantage in a military weapon as I never liked the idea of dumpnig powder gasses into the receiver. I hope our next battle rifle employs such a system. The current AR gas system is, however, perfectly reliable for my less demanding sporting use. I just can't justify the expense. I have also heard of reliability problems with retro fit kits.

Back
Top Bottom