APPROVED FIREARMS ROSTER 01-2009

Have these Rock Island Armory 1911's always been on here?!

Armscor Precision
Rock Island 1911 A-1 GI
.45 ACP

Armscor Precision
Rock Island 1911 A-1 GS CS Blue
.45 ACP

Armscor Precision
Rock Island 1911 A-2 GI FS Blue
.45 ACP

Armscor Precision
Rock Island 1911 A-2 GI MS Blue
.45 ACP

Straighten me out on something here: all those Glocks on the list can't actually be purchased from a gun store in MA, because they don't meet the AG's requirements, right?

Why does the EOPS publish a list containing guns that they know the AG won't let stores sell?

I hate this state.

Yeah, I believe the last one had them on as well. Not sure about the ones farther back.

Man, I've never seen one in a store. Up until now, I thought the AO was the only 1911A1 replica you could get in MA. Are the Rock Island guns any better than the AutoOrdnance's?

Man, I've never seen one in a store. Up until now, I thought the AO was the only 1911A1 replica you could get in MA. Are the Rock Island guns any better than the AutoOrdnance's?
Let's put it this way. In the question: "Are the xyz guns any better than the AutoOrdnance's?" the answer is always "Yes."

Unless xyz = Rock Island

[smile]

ya but I think if the only difference is caliber, then they are both approved.

Regrettably not the case. If they change colors of plastic/metal, even if they only change the model name (happened to the S&W 1911 PD), they must get "re-certified". Some "re-certifications" are allowed by application and others require full-boat testing.

Back
Top Bottom