Appleseed Practice at HSC

This past weekends Appleseed shoot was a lot of fun many many thanks to our instructor Dave and his son for spending their weekend giving us the basics. I learned a ton and so did everyone else. I would say that everyone in my group easily halved their group size by Sunday afternoon. Even though We did back to back to back to back AQT's, we just couldnt quite come up with a rifleman score. There were an awful lot of very nice groups just not all on one AQT.

I guess this means more practice. Since I am a member at HSC i'm going to find an empty action pit this Sunday at 9:00AM and spend a couple hours shooting some appleseed targets with weedwacker.

I would like to say "come one come all", however the club rules allow one guest per member and I think that is wise in this case. If any other HSC members are interested in joining us (with or without a guest) post or PM me. If we get enough people we can even take turns maning the stopwatch/calling the line and do some "real practice" timed AQT's.

I would personally prefer shooting with other .22 folks, however no one is going to say "get lost" if you show up with something else.

I would like to be included...got to free up the time slot tho.

Great to have met you and weedwhacker at the appleseed sunday morn

Need to order some targets from Fred's site right away [smile]

1" squre with 1/4" grid

Let's see if this works. I made these up yesterday. Make sure when you print them you set "page scaling" to "None". Also check that they are 1" squares. One printer @ work they were 1.0, on another one they weren't [thinking].

Attachments

• 1_inch_squares_quarter_grid_black.pdf
    7.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 1_inch_squares_quarter_grid_gray.pdf
    7.1 KB · Views: 17
chaynes68, great target links...lots of them too

eisenhow, I'll try printing your .pdf and check scale...great job

plenty of targets now...lets shoot ! [smile]

In the mean-time if you run out of QD-AQTs, you can find some pdfs of the same type targets on four pages in this thread.. I like these because I can practice a single stage without wasting the rest of the target.

9:00 AM Sunday, huh? Well, I need some practice, myself, so I'll see if I can get there for that time.

IF I can make it, I'll bring QD-AQTs and 1" squares... and Rifleman patches if anyone scores a 210 or above. And if you score 210... I have some North Bridge water, too. [devil2]

9:00 AM Sunday, huh? Well, I need some practice, myself, so I'll see if I can get there for that time.

IF I can make it, I'll bring QD-AQTs and 1" squares... and Rifleman patches if anyone scores a 210 or above. And if you score 210... I have some North Bridge water, too. [devil2]

I could be in, it will depend on how the week goes, however. I still need to shoot a 210+ myself. I would need someone to bring me in as a guest though as I'm not a member.

If you have the desire to come, we'll figure out how to get you in....PM me.

I could be in, it will depend on how the week goes, however. I still need to shoot a 210+ myself. I would need someone to bring me in as a guest though as I'm not a member.

I might be crazy, but I was 100% sure that Sunday morning shooting can't happen before 10AM at HSC. Watch out for that.

I can't make it to a mini Sundays before 2pm, but I will be scheduling an open mini for my first open Saturday in May (noonish) that will let non-members in without running into the guest rule. Membership applications will be available!!! [smile]

Until then, I don't know what makes me happier... people getting Rifleman scores or people starting their own minis to get Rifleman scores. Probably that latter. Johnny Appleseed lives.

I used to like doing them on the 25 yard range because the target stands are already up, but I think putting up a small line takes less time than what usually gets wasted on trying to synchronize everybody on the most popular range in the club before going downrange.

And if I can offer any advice to people doing minis, it's to put up multiple targets on every trip.

I intend to be there.

If anyone has the allen wrench for disassembling the 10/22 mags, could you bring it? I may need to clean mine and I don't have one in that size (stupid me bought a metric set yesterday :/)

Nick got a 224 and his Rifleman patch.

We won't discuss my scores. Although I will remind folks with LTRs, especially 10/22 based ones, that before you adjust your sights, make sure your action takedown screw is TIGHT. [angry2]

Attachments

• Ninshos Rifleman Patch.jpg
    Ninshos Rifleman Patch.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 23
Congrats Nick! Had a blast shooting with you all. I'm with weedwhacker practice practice practice. I picked up a couple tips today that were very helpful. For example FORS (front opposite, rear same) for adjusting your sights.....never heard that before and its something I almost always screw up!

Looking forward to the next one of these.

Thank you Chris for taking the initiative to organize this today.

Thanks Ross for being there with a patch [wink]. and letting me try the Mosin, I really need to order myself one...

It was a great day to be shooting, despite the heat.

Kate and I had fun at the very least. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom