appeal ltc class a denial

I really hope that people aren't using this thread to release all that pent up anger over the way the state treats honest citizens who attempt to comply with its rediculuous laws. After (or better yet, before) you vent your spleen here, download the form from GOAL, fill it out with all the details, and send it to them. You don't need to wait until the situation becomes Kafkaesque. If they ask for one thing that isn't specified in the law, if they wait one day beyond the 7-day limit before taking your prints, if they don't give you an up or down before day 41, document it for GOAL. Just bitching about it here or over a few beers isn't going to do a damn thing. Give them ammunition that they need in their effort to improve things in the People's Republic of Taxachusetts.

Ken

I really hope that people aren't using this thread to release all that pent up anger over the way the state treats honest citizens who attempt to comply with its rediculuous laws. After (or better yet, before) you vent your spleen here, download the form from GOAL, fill it out with all the details, and send it to them. You don't need to wait until the situation becomes Kafkaesque. If they ask for one thing that isn't specified in the law, if they wait one day beyond the 7-day limit before taking your prints, if they don't give you an up or down before day 41, document it for GOAL. Just bitching about it here or over a few beers isn't going to do a damn thing. Give them ammunition that they need in their effort to improve things in the People's Republic of Taxachusetts.

Ken

Ken

Is anyone else on the forum from Billerica? Did you have to wait for prints too?

Ninemil - try giving GOAL a call to see if they've had any complaints of prints taking so bloody long.

Did you try writing a letter to the Chief, asking (very politely and nicely of course) if this is the normal SOP for them? If not, then maybe you should write one - playing kind of dumb and not blaming the licensing officer of course - just wondering if this is normal, or have there been extenuating circumstances that's interferred with their processing of licenses kind of thing.

This is assinine....

Is anyone else on the forum from Billerica? Did you have to wait for prints too?

Ninemil - try giving GOAL a call to see if they've had any complaints of prints taking so bloody long.

Did you try writing a letter to the Chief, asking (very politely and nicely of course) if this is the normal SOP for them? If not, then maybe you should write one - playing kind of dumb and not blaming the licensing officer of course - just wondering if this is normal, or have there been extenuating circumstances that's interferred with their processing of licenses kind of thing.

This is assinine....

This is assinine....

Lynne said:
. . . just wondering if this is normal, or have there been extenuating circumstances that's interferred with their processing of licenses kind of thing.

This is assinine....

Perhaps they ran out of fingerprint ink and have to wait for next year's budget to get approved? [roll] [evil]

<sorry, I couldn't pass up the chance for sarcasm>

Lynne is right, time to write a polite letter!

LenS said:
Lynne said:
. . . just wondering if this is normal, or have there been extenuating circumstances that's interferred with their processing of licenses kind of thing.

This is assinine....

Perhaps they ran out of fingerprint ink and have to wait for next year's budget to get approved? [roll] [evil]

Well, if they ran out of ink, they could always use beet juice. [wink]

Lynne said:
LenS said:
Lynne said:

This is assinine....

Well, if they ran out of ink, they could always use beet juice. [wink]

Sorry but beet juice is not on the AG's approved list for use in PDs.
[roll] [twisted]

elartco said:
they said it would take approx. 6 weeks and it's been 6 wks and a day.

I believed 'em when they told me 6wks also!! He told me to check in 5wks and call at 6wks. 6wks happens to be 42days, so I think they say that as CYA. "Oh... I thought it would be done in the time required by statute. I had NO IDEA it would take THAT long..." Just a guess.

I'll be at 8wks on Monday. When I checked at 5wks, the dispacher laughed and said it would be at least a 8wks. I've got the same response from everyone else I've talked to. The liscensing officer never returned my call at 6wks. I'll call again Monday if it is not in.

Matt

Yes, that is Westhampton. When we got our new police chief, I was really blunt and asked him where he stood, and he said he would be a shall issue. My renewal was under the old chief, Glenn and Alan's were under the new chief. My mother-in-laws was also under the old chief. Have no idea why it took so long.

Back
Top Bottom