appeal ltc class a denial

FRB isn't likely to tell you anything.

Local PD is the place to talk to. Keep a written log of who you speak with, when and what you are told.

GOAL form on delays is place to put the info on who/what/where/why.

I doubt that you'll get denied. It's just that some towns make the process much longer than it needs to be!

Local PD is the place to talk to. Keep a written log of who you speak with, when and what you are told.

I doubt that you'll get denied. It's just that some towns make the process much longer than it needs to be!

thanks ls - i should be reporting this to GOAL? does it matter that that i'm not a member yet (i was going to join after i got my ltc). what would they do with the info?

thanks ls - i should be reporting this to GOAL? does it matter that that i'm not a member yet (i was going to join after i got my ltc). what would they do with the info?

As Len said, your PD is the place to contact. You may want to politely ask for the issuing officer or person and tell the person who answers the phone what it is in regards to. You will most probably get the the usual answer that they will call you when the license comes in. It will be here soon enough and you'll wonder why you ran yourself through the wringer! :)

As Len said, your PD is the place to contact. You may want to politely ask for the issuing officer or person and tell the person who answers the phone what it is in regards to. You will most probably get the the usual answer that they will call you when the license comes in. It will be here soon enough and you'll wonder why you ran yourself through the wringer! :)

Even though our town is a green town,and our police chief is a shall issue,took me 9 months to get mine. I called every week also. When mine is next up for renewal I will be putting it in plenty early. Took my mother-in-law 6 months to get hers.
Won't even tell you what it took to get our sons FID card. He had been deployed 2 months before it finally showed up. 5 months for that.

Even though our town is a green town,and our police chief is a shall issue,took me 9 months to get mine. I called every week also. When mine is next up for renewal I will be putting it in plenty early. Took my mother-in-law 6 months to get hers.
Won't even tell you what it took to get our sons FID card. He had been deployed 2 months before it finally showed up. 5 months for that.

Welcome elartco. Just so you know, it took my hubby 138 days for his renewal. Don't panic. The state just decided it doesn't have to follow the 40 day law and there's a number of folks still waiting, so you're in good company.

Welcome elartco. Just so you know, it took my hubby 138 days for his renewal. Don't panic. The state just decided it doesn't have to follow the 40 day law and there's a number of folks still waiting, so you're in good company.

Well it's been 51 days since I applied and they wouldn't do fingerprints or photos at the time - told me I'd have to wait for the call. I've left voice mail for the compliance officer (he doesn't answer the telephone), sent letters and when I've stopped by the station he's unavailable. [roll]

I can't for the life of me understand why it takes this long. How many FID/LTC applications could he have in a small town - 40, 60, 100? If you process 5 a day you'd be able to go through that pile pretty quickly.

Their web page (http://www.billericapolice.com/firearms.htm) states that since they are now participating in the MIRC computerized records system that "...the time frame from application to actual receiving the license is significantly reduced. " Reduced from what?

Sorry for the rant but the flow of information from the Billerica PD is non-existent and from what I've seen on this forum that seems to be pretty common with other PD's in this People's Republic. Yes, I've filed a complaint form with GOAL. There, I feel better.

Well it's been 51 days since I applied and they wouldn't do fingerprints or photos at the time - told me I'd have to wait for the call. I've left voice mail for the compliance officer (he doesn't answer the telephone), sent letters and when I've stopped by the station he's unavailable. [roll]

I can't for the life of me understand why it takes this long. How many FID/LTC applications could he have in a small town - 40, 60, 100? If you process 5 a day you'd be able to go through that pile pretty quickly.

Their web page (http://www.billericapolice.com/firearms.htm) states that since they are now participating in the MIRC computerized records system that "...the time frame from application to actual receiving the license is significantly reduced. " Reduced from what?

Sorry for the rant but the flow of information from the Billerica PD is non-existent and from what I've seen on this forum that seems to be pretty common with other PD's in this People's Republic. Yes, I've filed a complaint form with GOAL. There, I feel better.

Back
Top Bottom