Appeal brief filed Worman v. Healy (GOAL lawsuit)

I should think that they're applying intermediate instead of the required direct scrutiny to a consititutional right would help bring this (and the other cases like this, i.e. NJ, MD, CA, HI if I recall) to the SCOTUS attention.

Hey good luck to the antis with dancing around what common use is. If it gets to SCOTUS and they hear it this is a done deal.
Unfortunately it's time to start considering the reality that this might never go away.

The feds have put ma. Judges on notice with the Newton nitwit,

About what they think of the activist judges antics based not on law,but politics.

Let’s hope that “chilling effect” that queen Maura complained about the action of United States Attorney for the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts

Continues.

I don’t trust Scotus and there’s no guarantee that they’ll even hear this case. Let’s hope though
While we're dreaming, I want to read in this order:
1) a majority opinion from Gorsuch tearing Healy a new one
2) a dissenting opinion from RBG exposing her unconstitutional bias
3) Trump's 2020 victory speech
4) RBG's obituary after a heart attack from #4
5) Trump's next SCOTUS appointment

We haven’t got a Stark’s chance at Winterfell of that happening, lol!!!!! But yes, that would be Epic!!!!! Let’s hope..

Trump certainly has his uses. Pretty odd that a person who doesnt like firearms is probably going to end up helping the 2A a lot.

100's of pages.

Is this good or bad?
Um, it's 29 pages, double-spaced.

On net, I think it's a good thing. The ruling is so bad, and so poorly reasoned (especially compared to the CA mag ban case), I think it's just tee'ing up a case for SCOTUS.

What infuriates me is that we pulled a panel with a Reagan appointee and an H.W. Bush appointee and they both voted against us. And I'm wondering how it is that Souter ends up on all the gun cases - aren't these supposed to be randomly assigned? It seems to me that Souter has a strong anti-gun bias and they're putting him on these cases deliberately.

Breyer is 81. If we're talking about scotus appointments I would love to have a 2 for the price of 1 and a 7-2 court.

GOAL just tweeted that the court tossed it.
Healey wins again.

“The record contains ample evidence of the unique dangers posed by the proscribed weapons,” read the appeals court ruling.

Healey, in a statement, welcomed Friday’s development.

“Once again, the courts have agreed that the people of Massachusetts have the right to protect themselves, their communities, and their schools by banning these deadly weapons. Today’s decision by the First Circuit is a defeat for the gun lobby and a victory for families across the nation,” she said.

Last edited:
“Once again, the courts have agreed that the people of Massachusetts have the right to protect themselves, their communities, and their schools by banning these deadly weapons. Today’s decision by the First Circuit is a defeat for the gun lobby and a victory for families across the nation,” she said.

The irony and hypocrisy in that statement is just so ridiculous it makes my head want to explode.

Back
Top Bottom