• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pdp v canik

Pdp vs canik initial likes/dislikes observations

Heres a little pre shooting write up of the 2 pdp compared to my canik

First...they're basically the same gun...same size..mags swap and feed both guns

So looks.... the pdp grip looks and feels amazing compared to the canik... the slide serrations grip a little better then the canik...but the slide on the walther looks blockish and ugly

The biggest asthetic difference is optic cut

The walther will take a full size optic where the canik only takes the smaller form factor like a holosun 407

On to the sights... the walther has smaller dots but the rears are adjustable..the caniks have big white dots easier to pickup imo

Mag release...the walthers is slightly better... i feel like the texture is there and my thumb rests on it gripping and transition to dropping the mag is faster.

Trigger...canik's is better hands down

When i get it to the range will update how it shoots v a canik

Attachments

• 20231221_141227.jpg
    20231221_141227.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
  • 20231221_141240.jpg
    20231221_141240.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
Hmmm. I had one of the original P99's back in the day. It sucked b/c it was DA/SA, but even still, it FELT nice but didn't shoot as well as a Glock for me. Ended up selling it during the Newtown panic. The P99 was supposed to be a Glock Killer. Again, it was DA/SA but back when it came out. . . . 20ish years ago, DA/SA was the rage and Glocks were "dangerous" to many Americans.

Apples to apples, Walther is almost always going to have better quality than Canik. I'm surprised on the trigger, though. Maybe thats where Canik made their mod's and improvements - in keeping the basics of teh rest of teh pistol but working on the trigger.

And yeah, my fingers type teh too much. Too lazy today to fix them. LOL

Hmmm. I had one of the original P99's back in the day. It sucked b/c it was DA/SA, but even still, it FELT nice but didn't shoot as well as a Glock for me. Ended up selling it during the Newtown panic. The P99 was supposed to be a Glock Killer. Again, it was DA/SA but back when it came out. . . . 20ish years ago, DA/SA was the rage and Glocks were "dangerous" to many Americans.

Apples to apples, Walther is almost always going to have better quality than Canik. I'm surprised on the trigger, though. Maybe thats where Canik made their mod's and improvements - in keeping the basics of teh rest of teh pistol but working on the trigger.

And yeah, my fingers type teh too much. Too lazy today to fix them. LOL
I really liked the ppq except the the grip looked weird and the texture to me wasnt on par with glock or any other maker really...it was too slick

The funny thing is the ppq probably had a better trigger than the pdp

Ive personally ran 15-20 k. Rounds through various caniks and the only gun that is bitchy was the all steel rival

I love my walthers too dont get me wrong.

The p99 was my jam i had every variant

I like em both i like the bigger optic on the Walther

There's a suspiciously convenient hole in the sear housing on the PDP that lines up just right to run a tap into it (I did 4-40 IIRC), add a grub screw and it lines up nicely to provide for adjustable sear engagement. I don't quite tap it all the way through so the screw gets forced in a bit and will stay in place better, threadlocker once you settle in on a sweet spot.
That and a bit of minor polishing on the engagement surfaces... Doesn't need to move much, adjust with caution...

pdp sear screw.JPG

Same applies to canik tp whatever, just no pre molded in hole.

Back
Top Bottom