Apparently Mozambique is not a country.

Who knew. Went to buy a Ruger SR22 today and my country of birth was not one of the ones available in the NICS drop down list. "Africa" supposedly is and that is what I used. Wonder where that country is....

This must be new as that's how I filled out my 4473s from the beginning. I also got delayed for the first time.
1595014967222.png

Who knew. Went to buy a Ruger SR22 today and my country of birth was not one of the ones available in the NICS drop down list. "Africa" supposedly is and that is what I used. Wonder where that country is....

This must be new as that's how I filled out my 4473s from the beginning. I also got delayed for the first time.
View attachment 373428
I believe the US Supreme Court just gave it back to Zinjanthropus.

The 2 letter code for place of birth for Mozambique is ZO. The FFL doing the NICS check was not competent.

Depends on what the FFL used for reference. Some lists are incomplete. This one from 2017 from the FBI's website does not list Mozambique at all. Should be after Morocco.

Attachments

• nics-country-codes-01.pdf
    125.9 KB · Views: 2
If the ffl was using paper 4473's, and a phone call, it would have been on them to decipher.
I swear, all of this technology has gotten us nowhere good.

I thought it was a drill???

842.jpg

Really? My recommendation is stick to US wild caught seafood in general, US farmed shellfish is OK as a backup, never imported and certainly never imported farmed things.

shrimp Mozambique is not referencing it’s country of origin. It’s a style of preparation, spicy red sauce and garlic. Mouth watering just thinking about it.

Do you have to shoot it three times before you cook it? Headshot on a shrimp must be quite challenging. Come to think of it, two COM hits ain't walk in a park either.

No but you have to rip them a new a$$hole to clean them out.

Weird that they created these codes when there is an ISO3166 standard. There, Mozambique is a more appropriate "MZ".
Remember, the codes first and foremost handle US States and territories. That blows out the ISO standard for countries since over 50 are taken already by US states, DC, PR, etc.

I have not found a good online list from the ATF that is correct. Instead you have to find it inside NICS. Mozambique is easy because of the Z. Just type Z and you see all countries with Z and there sits ZO for Mozambique.

The FFL that failed insisted on M as his letter and looked through the list of 26 entries and none were Mozambique. Since there are greater than 26 states + countries that start with M it falls info DUH!?!

Depends on what the FFL used for reference. Some lists are incomplete. This one from 2017 from the FBI's website does not list Mozambique at all. Should be after Morocco.
Its not about any reference, but the online NICS form you fill out. The references are crap. Just use the damn pulldown to find the code. I found it in 3 seconds.

Two to the chest one to the head?

Body armor and helmet

Two to the chest follow up through the neck till empty and reload, fight off the guy and shoot more.

Oh the country?

I got nothing

I'll go back to training

Why would there be US states in the ISO list of country codes? That is the point of why the ATF list of 2 letter codes cant use the ISO list.
Now I see what you're getting at.

The Federal system is designed wrong. If they want to be able to encode both US states and foreign countries,
they should be using ISO 3166-2, just like the region coordinate parameter of the coord template on Wikipedia:
My tax dollars at work, sigh.

Back
Top Bottom