Apologies and Explanation

I didn't mean to turn my last thread into a flame war.I do not fancy myself a Rambo type.I mean do you really need an M2 (I think thats what he used) for everything? Anyway /k/ is a forum regarding all things firearm,weapon, or military related. /k/ommando is a term aimed (aimed... [laugh],gun humor) to poke fun at wannabes.
Also, Always treat anything you hear in Urban Dictionary with a grain of salt.There was a kid in my high school called airplane because he sounded like a propeller,and the teachers went to urban dictionary.The results were little disturbing.
I don't want to create a bad image for myself here.You have all been very nice and I plan on coming here for a while.

Bando, I just got your two PM's, and I was impressed with your sincerity and insight. I just sent you a long missive as well.

Good luck my friend. We WILL get together soon. Me, you and your Dad, and we'll burn some gunpowder.

Welcome to the Forum. [grin]

Bill

No one should be bashing kids for the stupidity of youth.

and I can say that because I'm younger than most here

Bando - I have an excellent idea for both you and your dad, but it will require a bit of travel depending on where you are. My entire gun club is having an open house in October out here in Lee. We are debuting our outdoor pistol range, but our indoor range, outdoor rifle range, skeet, trap and archery range will be open for you to try. Every station will be manned by an experienced shooter - complete with weapons and information. You and your father and if she wants, your mother will only need to bring yourselves and a few bucks. I think it would be less confusing and intimidating than coming to a members shoot off the bat and would be worth the trip.....I remember 18, (believe it or not), but had the advantage of being around firearms since birth - I got my first rifle at 8. As much as you would like us to take things with a grain of salt - I ask you to do the same. We can be a salty bunch around here at times, but having attended several members shoots, I can tell you that you are among some of the best people anywhere. I look forward to meeting you in October if you can make it. Drop me a PM if you need more details....

Good to see it all worked out in the end.

I also see some pretty good offers here, and guys, it's warms my heart to see you're doing something constructive to change things.

Folks, I talk about bailing out the sinking ship, and here's more examples of people that are bailing.

Good for you Bando, for not getting discouraged! Sometimes people can act harshly and jump to conclusions, but there are a lot of very generous and helpful members I have met in my short time being here. They have helped me immensely and I would like to give back any chance I get.

That is why I am going to offer to take you shooting, if you'd like of course. I am not sure where you are located, but I am in the Worcester area. If you are anywhere near me, and would like to hit the range some day, please don't hesitate to let me know. There is nothing to worry about, as I am fortunately not (yet) an old guy with a bunch of guns lol. I am a younger guy and fellow college student with some guns. I think you will be surprised to learn that I am likely very close to your age. Feel free to send me a pm if you have any questions.

Back
Top Bottom