• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone willing to take newbies out for bird?

Would love to hunt birds again. I don't even know where to go any more. Central MA Worcester area would be preferred. Bolton a bit on the edge, but maybe.

How about the Brookfields?

I'd love to try DUCK hunting, but would have no clue where to start. Bird ID'ing I think is important, and I am not confident enough to do that while they are just coming in.

Also, DEET 100 is your friend for ticks.

Would love to hunt birds again. I don't even know where to go any more. Central MA Worcester area would be preferred. Bolton a bit on the edge, but maybe.

I'd love to try DUCK hunting, but would have no clue where to start. Bird ID'ing I think is important, and I am not confident enough to do that while they are just coming in.

I hunt Bolton a lot during the upland season, you're welcome to come with me.

I've always wanted to try ducks, too. One day!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I hunt ducks in the Sturbridge area, no dog just use a one man canoe to retrieve my kills and set up the decoys. I am by far no expert but normally get a few each day, unless it's Fri then I get skunked lol.

Remember you need steel shot, your Fed duck stamp and a plug in the tube so it limits you to three in the gun.

Plus i have a 16' canoe, I can't fit it into my Tacoma but if you have a bigger truck we can use that to get into deeper spots.

Jason.

Last edited:
I have a big yellow spray bottle of it and will "refresh" my gear Friday night before going out Saturday, thanks for the reminder.
Yeah I'm going to need some... Slipped my mind to order some earlier this week and it's a bit late now, with just over 12 hours to go.

Yeah I'm going to need some... Slipped my mind to order some earlier this week and it's a bit late now, with just over 12 hours to go.

Ok but you will have to spray it after we get there. That stuff will give you a screaming headache if you get in a car with it still wet on your clothes.

I hunt the Brookfield a lot with my setter during the season. Lots of places in the area where birds are stocked. If you want to give it a shot again let me know. I'm always willing to bring people out.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I hung everything up in the garage and sprayed it down today. Let it dry overnight and it will be ready to go tomorrow.

How quickly does it evaporate? Because Google shows that it's really toxic to cats and if I kill a cat, I'll be single and possibly lose my man parts.

How quickly does it evaporate? Because Google shows that it's really toxic to cats and if I kill a cat, I'll be single and possibly lose my man parts.

Don't let the cat eat your clothes, that's a start right there.

I hunt ducks in the Sturbridge area, no dog just use a one man canoe to retrieve my kills and set up the decoys. I am by far no expert but normally get a few each day, unless it's Fri then I get skunked lol.

Remember you need steel shot, your Fed duck stamp and a plug in the tube so it limits you to three in the gun.

Plus i have a 16' canoe, I can't fit it into my Tacoma but if you have a bigger truck we can use that to get into deeper spots.

I hunt the Brookfield a lot with my setter during the season. Lots of places in the area where birds are stocked. If you want to give it a shot again let me know. I'm always willing to bring people out.

Awesome. Thanks. Early soccer game today, and need to close the pool and rake. Maybe next week/weekend?

Need to check schedules though. Pretty tight in the Fall. Maybe one of the reasons I haven't gotten out much. I could put a canoe up on the roof of my Liberty.

Awesome. Thanks. Early soccer game today, and need to close the pool and rake. Maybe next week/weekend?

Need to check schedules though. Pretty tight in the Fall. Maybe one of the reasons I haven't gotten out much. I could put a canoe up on the roof of my Liberty.

Figure we need to be on the water by six in the morning, so if a afternoon hunt works better let me know. Remember, steel shot #2 or #4, plug in a pump or auto, Fed duck stamps from the post office, life jackets I have a few and warm azz cloths. It was cold today for both hunts and also good water proof boots. No matter where we put in its always wet and swampy. As the weekend gets closer I will PM you.
Oh and you don't need to be duck dynasty styled out in camo, I wore OD green wool pants and my Carhart black jacket, I just crouched down behind a make shift blind, they had no idea till they heard boom boom.............I missed.

Jason.

Back
Top Bottom