Anyone tried this product called NeverWet?

Or listened to rap. You ratchet.

Yep. Was never into rap. Listened to Eminem when he was on MTV TRL (ya know back when MTV played music [laugh]) as he was the only rapper I could understand the lyrics to. Other than that, maybe a couple songs over the years from the likes of Jay-Z and others.

But back to NeverWet, I have another application!

Snow shovels! I know snow doesn't really stick to them but it never hurts. Also the inside of a snowblower, and especially the inside of the chute.

Spray it on your front step to prevent ice buildup, no more slipping due to ice. Side benefit is snow will not adhere. Apply to gutters to prevent them from filling full of ice. If you have enough money, apply to the roof. But wait for a version that is UV resistant first as this stuff will break down from UV light.

Last edited:
I thought about doing the shower....no mildew. Now my question is will the coating be slipery at all? so if I did my drive way to avoid ice will my car slide?

Do they have any specs on how long it lasts?

How abrasion-resistant is Ultra-Ever Dry SE?
One of the breakthroughs for this product is its abrasion resistance. The proprietary material provides more abrasion
resistance than previous superhydrophobic materials, registering a result of 350 on the Tabor Abrasion Method
(ASTM D4060-10). If abrasion is a concern, testing is recommended. If the coating is removed due to repeated or
severe abrasion, it can be reapplied.

See this post for more info. Ultra Ever Dry was the brand name for the commercial version that they were advertising.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...ried-product-called-neverwet.html#post3265563

My local HD has it (Watertown).

I picked some up, $20.00.

I'll post test results when I get around to trying it.

So I had neverwet on my hiking shoes, then decided to wear them for the GoRuck challenge I did this weekend, they put us in the ocean. we were probably in there for 20ish minutes. pretty sure being in the ocean that long removed the product from the shoes.

So I had neverwet on my hiking shoes, then decided to wear them for the GoRuck challenge I did this weekend, they put us in the ocean. we were probably in there for 20ish minutes. pretty sure being in the ocean that long removed the product from the shoes.

Crap. I just picked my kit up and plan to do my dive knife, and the lower half of my shower curtain. I'll let you know how the five knife holds up.

Eta: I'm wondering if this is because the whole shoe was immersed. Like the spray came off because the backside of the shoe was wet and allowed the coating to come off. I'm wondering if I should do my whole shower curtain now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
test here,
shower, toilet, shoes, gloves, bucket

the bucket worked great to repel water, and elmers glue, then i decided chocolate would be a neat test, nope, it ruined the coating, do not use oil based products because they break down the surface. here i discovered that the coating comes off very easily. this was my first test.

i did one wall of my shower, it repelled water a little bit but was generally ineffective, ill chalk this one up to user error, i dont think i applied it heavily enough, i began to hate the fact that it came in the form of a spray paint because it is hard to use.
at the same time i did the inside of the toilet bowl, it was quite effective here at repelling water, any waste stuck to the side of the bowl flushed off easily. this coating has begun peeling, after a couple of weeks though.

one lesson to be learned, if you do this in your bathroom, your entire bathroom will get coated with it, even if you run the exhaust fan, i spent half an hour scrubbing every surface getting a the thin useless coating off, it was too thin to be repellent.

as for gloves, the coating worked at first, then i wore the glove(cotton) to actually do a little work to test it, the coating became mostly ineffective after about five minutes of moderate movement. it still repelled water but some water would also soak into the glove. the water seeped in at any part of the glove where my fingers moved and flexed the glove, the palm side became mostly permeable. the backside of the glove was fairly resistant still.

the shoes have not been tested in the rain but i suspect that it will suffer the same fate as the gloves, becoming permeable where there is flexing.

for anyone who has not tested the product yet, it is definitely cool to see and use, but there are major limitations.
first, the product is pretty delicate, running your hand over it or flexing the item treated will severely degrade the coating.
secondly, it is thick, making anything you spray it on stiffer.
finally it does not repel anything oily, in fact, anything oily will destroy the coating.

i give this product a 3/10 in its current form, when it is made more durable and in an easier to apply format, such as paintbrush paint, it may be more useful.
the coolness factor is a solid 7, buy it now and become a pioneer in hydrophobicity, but dont expect to use it on anything practical though.

Crap. I just picked my kit up and plan to do my dive knife, and the lower half of my shower curtain. I'll let you know how the five knife holds up.

Eta: I'm wondering if this is because the whole shoe was immersed. Like the spray came off because the backside of the shoe was wet and allowed the coating to come off. I'm wondering if I should do my whole shower curtain now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I read that the coating doesn't work when fully submerged for long periods of time. The coating needs access to air to work properly. So a quick dunk and it will work. Also, I'm sure salt water isn't very nice to it. Salt water isn't really nice to anything.

test here,
shower, toilet, shoes, gloves, bucket

the bucket worked great to repel water, and elmers glue, then i decided chocolate would be a neat test, nope, it ruined the coating, do not use oil based products because they break down the surface. here i discovered that the coating comes off very easily. this was my first test.

i did one wall of my shower, it repelled water a little bit but was generally ineffective, ill chalk this one up to user error, i dont think i applied it heavily enough, i began to hate the fact that it came in the form of a spray paint because it is hard to use.
at the same time i did the inside of the toilet bowl, it was quite effective here at repelling water, any waste stuck to the side of the bowl flushed off easily. this coating has begun peeling, after a couple of weeks though.

one lesson to be learned, if you do this in your bathroom, your entire bathroom will get coated with it, even if you run the exhaust fan, i spent half an hour scrubbing every surface getting a the thin useless coating off, it was too thin to be repellent.

as for gloves, the coating worked at first, then i wore the glove(cotton) to actually do a little work to test it, the coating became mostly ineffective after about five minutes of moderate movement. it still repelled water but some water would also soak into the glove. the water seeped in at any part of the glove where my fingers moved and flexed the glove, the palm side became mostly permeable. the backside of the glove was fairly resistant still.

the shoes have not been tested in the rain but i suspect that it will suffer the same fate as the gloves, becoming permeable where there is flexing.

for anyone who has not tested the product yet, it is definitely cool to see and use, but there are major limitations.
first, the product is pretty delicate, running your hand over it or flexing the item treated will severely degrade the coating.
secondly, it is thick, making anything you spray it on stiffer.
finally it does not repel anything oily, in fact, anything oily will destroy the coating.

i give this product a 3/10 in its current form, when it is made more durable and in an easier to apply format, such as paintbrush paint, it may be more useful.
the coolness factor is a solid 7, buy it now and become a pioneer in hydrophobicity, but dont expect to use it on anything practical though.

Interesting. The chocloate is interesting because there are videos of them dumping chocolate on it and it repelled the chocolate. Same for oil. They dumped motor oil on a surface and it repelled it.

Interesting. The chocloate is interesting because there are videos of them dumping chocolate on it and it repelled the chocolate. Same for oil. They dumped motor oil on a surface and it repelled it.

that could have been another product that was being tested a long time ago. never wet has been in research for years, and they announced that they were going to release multiple times, never delivering. the very original product was clear and was abrasion resistant i think? they never released that, though im hoping they will in the future. im pretty sure they just sold their rights to rustoleum.

that could have been another product that was being tested a long time ago. never wet has been in research for years, and they announced that they were going to release multiple times, never delivering. the very original product was clear and was abrasion resistant i think? they never released that, though im hoping they will in the future. im pretty sure they just sold their rights to rustoleum.
Thing is they dump chocolate on a covered surface in the rustoleam video or so I thought.

Found the video. Right in the beginning for the chocolate.

[video=youtube_share;DZrjXSsfxMQ]http://youtu.be/DZrjXSsfxMQ[/video]

Either they did something different in the video than the directions or they have massive QC problems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom