Anyone riveted 30rd mags to make them 10s like this guy? Opinions?

have you actually seen/read the language in MGL article regarding high-capacity feeding devices?
if you didn't - read it, read it now. it will answer your question about this type of mag mod.

someone might have did something like that and some might even say it's OK. but when you get pinched it's gonna be you whom charges will be filed agains not some guy on the internet or a dealer who said that it's OK. there - food for thought.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input, I have no intention of doing anything like this. I was requesting opinions from anyone that had one.

I have not read the law and i should and will.

- - - Updated - - -

“Large capacity feeding device”, (i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; or (ii) a large capacity ammunition feeding device as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994. The term “large capacity feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with,.22 caliber ammunition.

Now i have :)

Thanks for your input, I have no intention of doing anything like this. I was requesting opinions from anyone that had one.

I have not read the law and i should and will.

- - - Updated - - -

“Large capacity feeding device”, (i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; or (ii) a large capacity ammunition feeding device as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994. The term “large capacity feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with,.22 caliber ammunition.

Now i have :)

Wow, so a shotgun that can hold more than five shells isn't allowed?? Another reason I'm glad to no longer be in a nanny state. You'll also not find me molesting my magazines like that. I have all 20 and 30 round magazines at this point. IF I do anything, it would be to make them capable of holding MORE ammo (not less)... [smile]

Oh, and my 20 round mags are pre-ban. Not that it matters in NH.

"or that can be readily converted to accept"

IANAL however, I would like to think that if one needed a tool (drill, cutters,...) to convert it back or replaced an integral part which also limited capacity then you would be in compliance. Then again our beloved AG refuses to define compliant. Who wants to be a test case?

IANAL however, I would like to think that if one needed a tool (drill, cutters,...) to convert it back or replaced an integral part which also limited capacity then you would be in compliance. Then again our beloved AG refuses to define compliant. Who wants to be a test case?

If Patrick's law comes up for a vote and is passed, in all liklihood I will be the test case. I will be the felon for possessing something I bought legally with after tax dollars in MA and paid MA sales tax on when I bought it.

Slap a label on your clips.

PreBan_zpsb9d88f06.jpg

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

i think either court ruling or BATFE regs concluded following language:

"...readily modifiable using ordinary tools..." what's 'ordinary tools' is up to interpretation of course, but drill is certainly an ordinary tool as is file. either of those can be used to turn those pinned mags into hi-caps in the matter of minutes.

as someone said before - there was no prosecutions on this type of moded mags but who want s to be a test case? while i'm in mAss i will keep my shit compliant.

Anyone have a punch set like this I can borrow? I'd like to make sure all my metal magazines have a clear date on them. I wonder if these could be heated in such a way that they could be used to date plastic mags?

$T2eC16dHJHgE9n0yHEmgBRL-Y(M8Ew~~60_57.JPG

Wow, so a shotgun that can hold more than five shells isn't allowed?? Another reason I'm glad to no longer be in a nanny state. You'll also not find me molesting my magazines like that. I have all 20 and 30 round magazines at this point. IF I do anything, it would be to make them capable of holding MORE ammo (not less)... [smile]

Oh, and my 20 round mags are pre-ban. Not that it matters in NH.

I'm pretty sure you can have more if its a tube? I don't know for sure as I don't a shotgun atm.

12. Do not yet install the floorplate. Having the floorplate installed while the mag installed is illegal and should
not be done since you will have a high cap magazine on your hands
. You should press the spring and mag on your
work bench while you do the next step.

Haha seriously?

Back
Top Bottom