Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Well I sure picked a great time to start reloading (308 Win). I've got tools, brass and a selection of projectiles. Just need powder and primers. If anyone wants to PM me I'd appreciate it.

Well I sure picked a great time to start reloading (308 Win). I've got tools, brass and a selection of projectiles. Just need powder and primers. If anyone wants to PM me I'd appreciate it.
Yikes. Right now large rifle primers are the toughest to get. Powder is fairly easy though unless you want hard to find powders like Varget h4350 r16 etc. If you have a reloading manual (I’d hope at least a couple) you can use that as a guide on what powder to choose.

Wow the valley increased the price on CCI SPP to $95 per 1k but has increased the limits to 5k. The increased limits are a good sign but the prices sure aren't.
They're currently in stock if you play the refresh game.

Wow the valley increased the price on CCI SPP to $95 per 1k but has increased the limits to 5k. The increased limits are a good sign but the prices sure aren't.
They're currently in stock if you play the refresh game.
My theory is that they stockpiled, raised the MSRP and released the floodgates. They are popping up everywhere now at the new price. The funniest part is that you can now get them cheaper on GB if you hit the right auction

My theory is that they stockpiled, raised the MSRP and released the floodgates. They are popping up everywhere now at the new price. The funniest part is that you can now get them cheaper on GB if you hit the right auction
I think you're right.
Also factory ammo production seems to have caught up with demand so I'd imagine primer prices should be going down soon?

Large rifle primers still seem to be the most difficult.

Large rifle primers still seem to be the most difficult.
i bought myself plenty of $1 apiece 6.5CM brass in SRPs format, and tried to reconsolidate all loads i do in #450 CCI due to that, and stocked up them enough.
only 308 wants LRPs now and i use a negligent amount of it - still have around 4 packs of LRPs there, so, it will last for enough long time now.

as of getting primers cheaper - with the inflation going i think it is safe to presume that nothing at all will be getting any cheaper in next 2-3 years.

If there was a stockpile and the floodgates opened today, it'd still be another year or so before prices come down.
Inventory would have to go stagnant, which I don't see happening because people are going to snatchup what they can to weather the next drought.
I can see primers settling at $70-$75 a brick down the road, just probably never back to the $50 it was.
Liken it to gas prices.

If there was a stockpile and the floodgates opened today, it'd still be another year or so before prices come down.
Inventory would have to go stagnant, which I don't see happening because people are going to snatchup what they can to weather the next drought.
I can see primers settling at $70-$75 a brick down the road, just probably never back to the $50 it was.
Liken it to gas prices.
Not to be nit picky, but they were $30-35/1000 before all this shit. I scoffed at anything over $40 with the exception of benchrest primers.

For the record, I think you’re probably right about the ‘new normal’ pricing. Maybe as low as $60, but that will surely be rock bottom pricing.

In decent shape for primers. Starting to go through my match powder.

6quki1.jpg

Primer Pricing will follow ammo prices…when the panic ends (at some point), the supply chain for ammo will fill up and ammo will start to come down in price, when ammo sits on the shelf, they’ll keep pumping out primers to keep the cash flowing which will force primer prices down…

I think of those people who manipulated AMC and GME and thought, if all shooters stopped buying ammo/powder/primers and “heads” (some tard called them “heads“ in one of these posts) for one(?) month, could we move the price point on any of this stuff..not sure it could be done though the same way the stock manipulation occurred.

Primer Pricing will follow ammo prices…when the panic ends (at some point), the supply chain for ammo will fill up and ammo will start to come down in price, when ammo sits on the shelf, they’ll keep pumping out primers to keep the cash flowing which will force primer prices down…

I think of those people who manipulated AMC and GME and thought, if all shooters stopped buying ammo/powder/primers and “heads” (some tard called them “heads“ in one of these posts) for one(?) month, could we move the price point on any of this stuff..not sure it could be done though the same way the stock manipulation occurred.
Think about where we were one year ago with ammo. It was still somewhat scarce. Powder has also come back. Six months ago, it was hit or miss that anything was in stock, but now you can get a lot of different ones. Brass prices have cratered in the last 3 months (see classifieds for range brass at 3 cents a piece sitting there and some 40 that can't even be given away). I expect in 3-6 months you'll see primers everywhere and prices will start to drift down a little. Gunbroker is the best source to see what people are willing to pay and there is still above MSRP demand for Small Pistol and Large Rifle primers. Small rifle seems to be the least popular now.

Someone posted these primers on discord. Was at Outback Arms in Plymptom. Jesus Christ. Hopefully no one buys them View attachment 653561
A few of us know the owner. Most likely he paid rape pricing for those just to have them in stock. At the beginning of the madness if he had stock left over from normal cost, he held his price at normal levels longer than others.

A few of us know the owner. Most likely he paid rape pricing for those just to have them in stock. At the beginning of the madness if he had stock left over from normal cost, he held his price at normal levels longer than others.
Age old question - which is a better deal? Out of stock at $60/K or in stock at $200/K?

Not to be nit picky, but they were $30-35/1000 before all this shit. I scoffed at anything over $40 with the exception of benchrest primers.

For the record, I think you’re probably right about the ‘new normal’ pricing. Maybe as low as $60, but that will surely be rock bottom pricing.

I can't for the life of me remember what a case of (5000) Fed or Win were. $360 shipped maybe?

View attachment 653820
Firemarshall Bill has some kind of issue with the size of your order and would like to inspect your storage facility.

Those are long gone and he's into Federals now. He sold me a couple thousand and was able to downsize into this little place for the 5000 he had left.

Dist-Center.jpg

Back
Top Bottom