Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Any SPPs?
No, I did not see any SPP. The Federal Match was Large Pistol Magnum and Small Rifle ($109 a piece).

The CCI LPP was on the optics counter, so you had to turn around to see them since they weren't with the others. I almost missed seeing them.

There were "plenty" of powders available (8-10 different kinds of 1 lb bottles)

If your waiting for primers to get back down to $34 per 1k , just keep wishing, but that ship has sailed. Your other alternative to utterly ridiculous and ridiculous prices is take up chess as a new hobby. Its cheap.
Was looking at bulk brass cased 115g 9mm - right around $260 shipped
No reason for me to reload to save 0.02/round for FMJ.
I'll save the primers for everything else and just shoot cheap 9mm range fodder for now.

Coupon code 53BDAY gets you 53 cent shipping. Brings it down to $491 shipped
@ddeck22 @paul73
Ok, seriously CCI…why not just ramp up production of regular and military small rifle primers? nobody (or very few people) want or need the magnums for small rifle. Am I wrong?

What friggen calibers do people load that require a small rifle magnum specifically? It just seems obscure to me because I’ve literally never loaded a single cartridge with one.

What friggen calibers do people load that require a small rifle magnum specifically?
I was wondering that myself. There are quite a few in the 6mm and under bullet diameter, most of them obscure to me, that call for small rifle magnum primers, but I think the only reason we're talking about it is that they did a run, and there just isn't that much demand. I'd hazard a guess that a brick of SR Magnum primers == 1 barrel in whatever calls for them.

Ok, seriously CCI…why not just ramp up production of regular and military small rifle primers? nobody (or very few people) want or need the magnums for small rifle. Am I wrong?

What friggen calibers do people load that require a small rifle magnum specifically? It just seems obscure to me because I’ve literally never loaded a single cartridge with one.
I use them in 223 with ball powder (H-335)

My 6mm, 6.5CM shooter friends use them. Said they get lower ES/SDs with the magnum primers.

My 6mm, 6.5CM shooter friends use them. Said they get lower ES/SDs with the magnum primers.
Ok, that makes sense. I haven’t started loading for 6.5cm yet…have everything else I need but I guess I might ‘need’ some SRMP’s now…thanks a LOT Andrew. There goes this weeks paycheck, lol.

Right. I have brass already…what’s NOT f***ing funny, is that some manufacturers use BOTH SR AND LR! f***ing c***s. I have 6.5cm brass from Hornady and Winchester in both sizes.
I think another person found crimped 6.5 CM brass from Aguila.

Last edited:

300BLK

Ok, that makes sense. I haven’t started loading for 6.5cm yet…have everything else I need but I guess I might ‘need’ some SRMP’s now…thanks a LOT Andrew. There goes this weeks paycheck, lol.
6.5CM comes in large and small primer brass. for small primers - go with magnum #450, for LRPs - it is better to use #200 non magnum - presuming reloder16 or h4350 loads.
here is a good info on this topic:

Ignore "magnum" and "match" buy them and use them.

If all they have is SR Magnum and you reload SR regular, it doesn't matter, reload magnum. It won't make a big difference.

Ignore "magnum" and "match" buy them and use them.

If all they have is SR Magnum and you reload SR regular, it doesn't matter, reload magnum. It won't make a big difference.
That’s always been my thought process as well. If it fits in the hole, it’ll do the trick!

Last edited:
That’s repulsive. f*** all these dirt bag distributors.
i did not even need last 8# i got, but, i just had such a feeling that i am not going to see an under $300 price on those jugs anymore.
and as i made all my loads in 223, 308, 6 dasher into varget - it makes life easier. R16 for 6.5CM, all the rest - varget.

i did not even need last 8# i got, but, i just had such a feeling that i am not going to see an under $300 price on those jugs anymore.
and as i made all my loads in 223, 308, 6 dasher into varget - it makes life easier. R16 for 6.5CM, all the rest - varget.
I’ve still got a few 8#r’s kicking around. I’m going to wait longer to buy more. This shit is absurd. There’s no way in hell it’s costing them DOUBLE what it was to manufacture powder 3 years ago.

I’ve still got a few 8#r’s kicking around. I’m going to wait longer to buy more. This shit is absurd. There’s no way in hell it’s costing them DOUBLE what it was to manufacture powder 3 years ago.
reloder 16 8# jugs prices were jerked up much earlier - valley had it as $324, ram - $389

but i stocked it up also earlier, and i do not use as much of it as varget.

That place somewhere in the middle of the area below the Mason-Dixon line has Federal LPP for $90 and CCI #450 for $95. No limits as far as I know and they have a bunch of powder too at competitive prices.

“Kentucky” has a bunch of magnum LRP, standard SRP and SPP in stock. Looks like they’re no longer doing free hazmat and free shipping like last time when I bought a case of federal SPP. $50 hazmat and $12 shipping
Which makes them all over 10 cents each. Ooof.

“Kentucky” has a bunch of magnum LRP, standard SRP and SPP in stock. Looks like they’re no longer doing free hazmat and free shipping like last time when I bought a case of federal SPP. $50 hazmat and $12 shipping
Looks like they removed the hazmat and shipping. Better deal now

Federal SRP back in stock. $440 for 5k shipped

Back
Top Bottom