Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

LoL at your screen name. JFC, all kinds here :)

I’m curious…what’s the motor for?

High speed trimming of 223 brass. I had about 3-4k pieces to trim a couple of years ago and wanted to speed things up just a bit.

1RTQli.jpg

have anybody seen a reloder 16 anywhere lately? i bought last around november 2021 and i do not think i saw any since. was it popping up anywhere at all in last couple of months?

High speed trimming of 223 brass. I had about 3-4k pieces to trim a couple of years ago and wanted to speed things up just a bit.

1RTQli.jpg

Thats a great idea, I like it ergonomically mounted vertically but arent you concerned about trimmings making their way into the motor/windings?

Mounting horizontally would prevent that

That the shit, I've been looking for some for a long time.
yeah, it goes like a pound of it per 200 rounds in my manbun favorite caliber.
i still have some left, but, it goes fast... pity.

i think pretty much everything else except this aliant stuff i did see available lately.

yeah, it goes like a pound of it per 200 rounds in my manbun favorite caliber.
i still have some left, but, it goes fast... pity.
We're happy with staball. Just have to go above max load, the book loads are way too light. I recommend trying some as a replacement.

I just picked up some h4350, but we might just stick with staball, unless R16 turns up.

Obligatory, "I thought this shit would be over by now" post.
RankBulletPowderPrimerCaseBarrel LengthMuzzle VelocitySD
#9 in NRLHornady 140gr ELDM43.5gr H4350Fed 210MGunwerks26275015
#38 in NRLNosler 140gr RDF41.8gr Reloder 16CCI #200Norma2328707
#43 in NRLHornady 140gr ELDM41.0gr IMR 4451CCI BR-2Prime26280012
#79 in PRSHornady 147gr ELDM43.0gr Reloder 23CCI #450Peterson SRP2827902
#97 in PRSHornady 140gr ELDM41.9 H4350Fed 205MAlpha SRP2627963.6

for me i found the 41.7gr of R16 is the best. shoots same exact POI and same rugged hole groups with #200 and #450 primers. SD are in 4-6 range.

well, thx for the confirmation, i was thinking now that i somehow miss it at all the most obvious spots.

Last edited:
RankBulletPowderPrimerCaseBarrel LengthMuzzle VelocitySD
#9 in NRLHornady 140gr ELDM43.5gr H4350Fed 210MGunwerks26275015
#38 in NRLNosler 140gr RDF41.8gr Reloder 16CCI #200Norma2328707
#43 in NRLHornady 140gr ELDM41.0gr IMR 4451CCI BR-2Prime26280012
#79 in PRSHornady 147gr ELDM43.0gr Reloder 23CCI #450Peterson SRP2827902
#97 in PRSHornady 140gr ELDM41.9 H4350Fed 205MAlpha SRP2627963.6

for me i found the 41.7gr of R16 is the best. shoots same exact POI and same rugged hole groups with #200 and #450 primers. SD are in 4-6 range.

well, thx for the confirmation, i was thinking now that i somehow miss it on all the most obvious spots.
Fan of the small primer Peterson brass.

Fan of the small primer Peterson brass.
i have a mongrel mix of various SRP cases there, but processed them all and it is pretty decently consistent - like i was saying, SD in 4-6. if it all was the same brand brass with less weight deviation it probably would be better, like they have there in 1-3 range. but, well.
i also have 200 brand new lapua srp cases i did not even use yet - was about a $115 a pack, i think.

Well the sh!t has hit the fan.

All my Win SPP are gone. I have 1k CCI SPP that I'll crank through tonight after dinner or if I'm lazy I'll do them tomorrow.

No stock and prices high for the most part. Been too lazy to constantly look for them. Been shooting more since Covid not less so I guess it's time to make a real effort to get Primers. Good thing I've been stocking up on factory ammo during the primer shortage.

Thats a great idea, I like it ergonomically mounted vertically but arent you concerned about trimmings making their way into the motor/windings?

Mounting horizontally would prevent that
The Giraud Tri Way Trimmer has a plastic shield that is almost a press fit to keep the chips inside

I loaded up 9mm till I ran out of SPP.

I still have about 6 lbs. of powder and close to 4k of bullets but no primers. [sad]
Nice to see these SPP still sitting at TSUSA....not selling out anymore

Nice to see these SPP still sitting at TSUSA....not selling out anymore

Ya .... I'm not quite ready to pay that price yet.

Out of idle curiosity, what else takes small pistol magnum besides 357 Mag?
It’s powder dependent not caliber dependent.
I use standard primers in 357 with 2400 powder. But if using slow burning ball powders like H110 you’ll need (or should) use magnum primers

Word is that Hoffman's has SPP for $60. 1000 limit. No mention of brand and be advised some stores want to see a CT permit to buy primers (although there is no law regarding this - firearms and ammo, yes, Uncle Ned needs to approve you!).
Sorry, they are Winchester brand. Hoffman's is in Newington, CT, btw.

Word is that Hoffman's has SPP for $60. 1000 limit. No mention of brand and be advised some stores want to see a CT permit to buy primers (although there is no law regarding this - firearms and ammo, yes, Uncle Ned needs to approve you!).
Sorry, they are Winchester brand. Hoffman's is in Newington, CT, btw.
Thanks. I bought a bunch of primers and 2400 powder from them back in 2016 leading up to the election. I was working in Waterbury at the time
Nice shop

Back
Top Bottom