• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

A quick check on Gunbroker shows it going for $60-70 a pound in the auctions.
i was able to stock it quite well from the valley in last 3 months, but it took some effort. gunbroker - dunno who pays such price and what for, it is insane.

and that is a local dealer, pick up only !!!!!!!!!!! just WOW..........
Exactly , ASS RAPING PRICE and they know it. They know people will pay right now , so they'll keep doing it as long as they can. I've stopped reloading for now , have a bunch of rounds made for the calibers I reload , will just hold on to what I have for primers unless I find some for a reasonable price. I'll basically shoot .22 until this bullshit ends, and have just as much fun.

The last time I bought primers, they were $35 a brick of 1000.
Target Sports has CCI for the 'bargain' price of $600 a case of 5000.
If my math is correct, that's 8.3 cents a piece!
I remember loading my own 9mm (125 gr LRN) for a total cost of 6 cents each!

That’s $0.12 per primer, 8.3 primers per dollar. Worse than you thought. Though when your primers were $0.035 each, factory target 9mm was probably $0.18 per round, give or take. Now it’s 2x that.

Plus shipping and hazmat.

Plus shipping and hazmat.
Free shipping and no hazmat. Zappa is in NH so no sales tax. As meh said, 12 cents per primer shipped.

Sportsman Fulfillment had some CCI 450 mag primers 80 bucks a thousand plus shipping with a 2000 limit makes it 10 cents a primer so I have 2 boxes on the way. I keep seeing Varget Pixie dust selling on different sites although it is gone in 5 minutes so maybe it is becoming more available as well, time will tell.

Sportsman Fulfillment had some CCI 450 mag primers 80 bucks a thousand plus shipping with a 2000 limit makes it 10 cents a primer so I have 2 boxes on the way. I keep seeing Varget Pixie dust selling on different sites although it is gone in 5 minutes so maybe it is becoming more available as well, time will tell.
valley had is 2 days in a row this week, with drops to be there around 9am-9:30am EST. yesterday they had shooters world powders for most of the afternoon.

one that still is missing consistently everywhere is a reloder16. even h4350 did pop up, but not r16.

The valley has federal SPP but you have to play the refresh game.

@meh the valley also has 8 pound jugs of N110...

All gone. I didn’t make the cut and don’t need them anyway…was going to buy them to trade up for BR2’s locally and give me the excuse to order some IMR4064.

Thanks for the thought though!

How was Ireland? Are you still drunk?

The valley has federal SPP but you have to play the refresh game.
I saw that but with a limit of 1k primers it wasn't worth it to me, even adding in a pound or 2 of powder. Actually had them in my cart and had to check out in like 45 seconds and it was $170+ for 1 Lb Accurate 2230, 1 Lb Accurate No. 7 and 1K Fed SPP, then said screw it. If I could've gotten 2k SPP and 2k LPP then I would've.

Back
Top Bottom