• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

If it makes you feel any better I haven't bought anything either. I don't know of any reloader friends looking for SRP. Everyone wants SPP...
I have plenty of each...at least 20k each. I’m so weak and I still want more, lol.

I’m probably not going to be reloading much in the next year anyway...since apparently I’ll be buying a house, fixing up said house, then setting up a reloading room...AGAIN! FML

Shooting Supply in Westport just advertised a couple different sizes of primers for $125 / 1000. I'm not ready to pay those prices but seeing them actively advertised gives me hope that supply may be starting to catch up with demand.

Shooting Supply in Westport just advertised a couple different sizes of primers for $125 / 1000. I'm not ready to pay those prices but seeing them actively advertised gives me hope that supply may be starting to catch up with demand.
I wonder if they got a bunch from an online vendor and are just reselling to have something in the store. Online is better than it was 4 months ago (IMHO).

Natchez had CCI SPP earlier - sold out now. Just noticed the alert after getting off a work call.

Still has CCI SPP magnums in stock

For anyone in MA wanting them, you can ship them to the UPS Store in Salem NH. They require no notice or account. Just pay them $5 fee when you pick up. Super easy. Just use the UPS Store address as the shipping address. Make sure to put the UPS Store in the company name section since there are multiple businesses with that address in the same plaza

Natchez had CCI SPP earlier - sold out now. Just noticed the alert after getting off a work call.

Still has CCI SPP magnums in stock

For anyone in MA wanting them, you can ship them to the UPS Store in Salem NH. They require no notice or account. Just pay them $5 fee when you pick up. Super easy. Just use the UPS Store address as the shipping address. Make sure to put the UPS Store in the company name section since there are multiple businesses with that address in the same plaza
400’s (SRP’s) dropped as well.

the Ram had Federal SPP for a quick second earlier this afternoon. I missed them because of work. Was planning to snag some for a friend. Oh well.

the Ram had Federal SPP for a quick second earlier this afternoon. I missed them because of work. Was planning to snag some for a friend. Oh well.
I, for one, am happy you missed them so as to relieve us all of the inevitable ‘OMG, these boxes are SO unnecessary’ post.

[kiss]

Okay, So I noticed that (sorta locally?) down in New Bedford area, they have Remington Small Pistol for $150 per box. Yikes.
The Ram is charging $100 plus shipping and hazmat so $150 isn’t crazy for these times. Gunbroker has SPP going for the same. Seems to be the going rate for brand new.

Edit: -85 points for me....ram is about $92/k after coupon codes and everything

Last edited:
The Ram is charging $100 plus shipping and hazmat so $150 isn’t crazy for these times. Gunbroker has SPP going for the same. Seems to be the going rate for brand new.
No. The Ram is $92 per 1k shipped for CCI SPP (2k limit) when using the $15 coupon code

See post 2245.

Also that’s $150 plus tax from that shop…

The problem with shop level primer sales is there is no "secret source" where they can get primers substantially cheaper than normal people. Compare this to other industries like retail clothing, bicycles, jewelry, etc. where you will not get near a "dealer price list" unless you are in the business. (And no, the rap sheet is not the "dealer price list" for diamonds, despite what it claims).

Back before the shortage, I checked some prices that a large FFL would have to pay for primers in MA. The prices were the same as you get in the valley, with the only "shop deal" being you could get them as part of delivery directly from the distributor (as part of a larger order of guns, accessories, etc. - normal retail stuff) without a hazmat surcharge. A shop would literally lose money selling them to at Valley pricing.

Back at the first great primer shortage, I found one shop that had SRP (that I use in 40S&W and 38Super). Word of the shortage had reached NES but was not yet common knowledge (that one seemed to spread from west to east). I remember telling the clerk "I'll take the WIN SRP". When he asked how many, I said something like "Did I mention a quantity? I meant all of them". Took care of a few friends at cost.

This is quite unlike other non-gun stuff in shops - those holsters, range bags, cleaning kits, etc. all have healthy double digit markups from wholesale/distributor to retail, and are not individually bought in quantities sufficient to motivate online ordering in many cases. Plus, unlike primers, you can't get them for the same price a storefront dealer can. Similar situation for powder.

In the days of readily available primers, the solution was "just don't stock primers". Now that the shortage is here, the dealers are willing to pay hefty prices because the market will support a 50% markup on $80 bricks when previously they would be lucky to get 15% or so on 40$ bricks.

This site takes Zelle, Venmo or Cash App only.

Beware any site that takes only payments that do not have the recourse available with Visa/MC/Discover/Paypal. This is an almost certain sign of a scam.

I'd bet 10:1 you would get denied if you asked to stop by with cash to purchase in person since you "will be in the area".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom