• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

I use them for my match loads with no issue whatsoever. 24gr of Varget behind 77gr Nosler CC and shoot just dandy out to 600yds.
i load 25gr for 69gr SMK in .223 and 41.8gr of R16 on 140gr in 6.5CM. latter does not like #400 at all, the .223 also flattens them well.
my rifle shoots 69gr better then 77 - but may be i should try it more. will see.

Hate the size of Federal primer boxes. They destroy the symmetry of my reloading bench. :oops:
LOL agreed. I hate them because I have a particular layout of primers in my reloading component cabinet. Just too damn bulky. I suppose I could buy another lockable cabinet....

Hate the size of Federal primer boxes. They destroy the symmetry of my reloading bench. :oops:

LOL agreed. I hate them because I have a particular layout of primers in my reloading component cabinet. Just too damn bulky. I suppose I could buy another lockable cabinet....

JFC not this shit again!

I use them for my match loads with no issue whatsoever. 24gr of Varget behind 77gr Nosler CC and shoot just dandy out to 600yds.

This was a 300yd target from a few weeks ago taken in pretty heavy winds.

View attachment 574268
here is my 300yds from a last test of match loads - 5 out of 8 are there, 3 more went way higher - must had been unequal load.
i will try to retest it all again to see what worked better, from 24.8 to 25.3gr.
just need to establish if that was a random fluke or if it is reproduceable enough.
1644338640875.png

TSUSA dropping some Fed SRP, Rem SRP, and Fed LPPM....insane prices

Please don't buy these

TSUSA dropping some Fed SRP, Rem SRP, and Fed LPPM....insane prices

Please don't buy these

I definitely won't. #CCIBoxesAreTheProperSize

I definitely won't. #CCIBoxesAreTheProperSize
giphy.gif

$30/1k, lol.

Seriously, in this environment...no more than $100/k shipped w/hazmat for standard primers of any brand. Exceptions can be made for match/magnums.
My best advice is to start to befriend a lot of old timers and just wait until the 40,000 primers they have stored become available (IYKWIM)

5k package so $25 * 5 = $125 "more"
Hazmat fee would be like $15 - $20 , Shipping a brick of primers on max of $20.
End result the extra price is a minumum of $75.
If we're talking about the Ram and their CCI SPP, after shipping, hazmat, and using $15 coupon. It would be $92 per 1k shipped (limit of 2k). TSUSA is $127 per 1k shipped (and must buy 5k). That's a difference of $35 per 1k. $35 x 5 = $175
With Larry, it's about $107 per 1k shipped (limit of 1k). So a difference of $20 per 1k. $20 x 5 = $100
And with the vendor in the valley, its $100 per 1k shipped (limit of 1k). $27 x 5 = $135

I realize trying to score from the ram, larry etc. can be annoying/difficult if you're not on discord or using other bot notifications. So some prefer to spend the extra money and get 5k all at once.

Would I go broke paying TSUSA prices? No. But it's a tough pill to swallow when most of your primers were had for $25-$40 per brick lol. I guess out of principle I can't pay those prices. When I need to restock in a few years I hope they won't still be $100+ per brick. We shall see....

TS should at least have the decency to take "Federal Champion Small Rifle Primers #205 Case of 5000 for sale online at cheap discount prices" off of their listing.

The chances of being able to buy primers from TS would go way down if they priced them reasonably and it was a "lucky to see them within 10 minutes of them going up for sale" situation.

Last edited:
I’m resisting, lol. I can’t buy anything else until I have a place to live.

Otherwise, I’ll be the only homeless person in downtown Indy with a shopping cart full of primers and powder.

Figures...this is the best buying opportunity I’ve seen on primers in at least 6 months. AND they have Accurate 1680 in stock too...of which I have plenty, but could ALWAYS have more!

I’m resisting, lol. I can’t buy anything else until I have a place to live.

Otherwise, I’ll be the only homeless person in downtown Indy with a shopping cart full of primers and powder.

Figures...this is the best buying opportunity I’ve seen on primers in at least 6 months.
If it makes you feel any better I haven't bought anything either. I don't know of any reloader friends looking for SRP. Everyone wants SPP...

Back
Top Bottom