• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

you guys that are buying the limit of 1k primers, what are the shipping and hazmat charges on top of the cost of the primers?

In the past, I would max out the hazmat weight or size limit to get the most out of the shipping charges.
$19.95 hazmat fee. Shipping is basically free from the “Ram” since there are coupon codes. The other vendor in the valley is $19.95 hazmat and $10-$20 for shipping based on the total order amount.
Yes maxing out the hazmat weight is the way to go but not possible anymore with the limits. Unless they just happen to have powder that you need and you buy a few 8 pound jugs etc.

I hope you’re right...I just highly doubt we’ll make it that long without another ‘incident’ to send us spiraling back into the abyss.

I’m going to take this time to get some more bullet molds too.
Smart idea. The first time I got caught in a shortage, I said never again. I bought molds, lead, and whatever else. It's nice being able to make your own shit when nothing is available.

I was poking fun at the guys who have 10x those numbers and still toss & turn at night worrying about their stash.

Your money, buy as many as you want...but as long as they are flying off the shelves at double/triple prices there is zero incentive by the industry to return to "normal".
There will likely be a "new normal" about 10% - 20% higher than pre-shortage when all settles.. Demand is still atypically high because (a) Those who could not get them now are and (b) Those who were not hoarding (er, maintaining a prudent inventory) are building up their stash.

If someone goes out twice a week and throws a couple of hundred rounds down range each time , it sure doesn't take long to burn through ones ammo stash.
Twice a week for me, but 50-75 rounds, generally, sometimes as little as 25 with a single shot. I dialed it back instinctively when COVID hit. However much I was shooting, I’d want 2 years minimum, considering components and loaded ammo, preferably 3.

We don't really have a great option for LGS's for reloading components in the Worcester area. Pullman has gone to transfers only and Gun Parlor rarely has any reloading supplies and minimal items at high prices if they do. 2nd biggest city in Mass and damn near nothing within a 30 minute drive. :(.

Would be great if I'm wrong...

We don't really have a great option for LGS's for reloading components in the Worcester area. Pullman has gone to transfers only and Gun Parlor rarely has any reloading supplies and minimal items at high prices if they do. 2nd biggest city in Mass and damn near nothing within a 30 minute drive. :(.

Would be great if I'm wrong...
Glenn's is about 30 minutes from Princeton. I highly recommend his shop. Wife wants to go to cabelas this afternoon, if I see LPP magnums, I'll grab you a box. You know, cause somebody other than @andrew1220 can be a nice guy. [smile]

Glenn's is about 30 minutes from Princeton. I highly recommend his shop. Wife wants to go to cabelas this afternoon, if I see LPP magnums, I'll grab you a box. You know, cause somebody other than @andrew1220 can be a nice guy. [smile]
If you happen to grab some, great but please don't go out of your way. I use them mostly for 458 SOCOM plus 44 mag and have some. Eventually I'll need another box.

What town is Glenn's in? If that's the one in N Reading, how fast do you drive? [smile]

If you happen to grab some, great but please don't go out of your way. I use them mostly for 458 SOCOM plus 44 mag and have some. Eventually I'll need another box.

What town is Glenn's in? If that's the one in N Reading, how fast do you drive? [smile]
Yes, North Reading. I may drive a little faster than most.

One of my primer orders from the vendor in the valley arrived yesterday via UPS. I spoke with the driver and he said it didn’t require a signature.

My primer order from the Ram arrived a few minutes ago via FedEx and that did require a signature.

So now I don’t have to worry about the package being sent to my in laws since it won’t require a signature.

And JFC I forgot how obnoxiously big the federal primer boxes are lol.

One of my primer orders from the vendor in the valley arrived yesterday via UPS. I spoke with the driver and he said it didn’t require a signature.

My primer order from the Ram arrived a few minutes ago via FedEx and that did require a signature.

So now I don’t have to worry about the package being sent to my in laws since it won’t require a signature.

And JFC I forgot how obnoxiously big the federal primer boxes are lol.
I had the exact same experience with those mentioned delivery companies.

No sig for the 4 lbs of 2520 sent by the Valley girls. That should be ~3 years worth of that because I only shoot it in .308. Might try with heavier bullets in .223 as a possible replacement for Benchmark. Thinking about taking a crack at starting a Distinguished chase beginning next year, so time to inventory the SRP's.

Maybe they are being extremely cautious? Lots of space between them and on their side, much harder to
perhaps get crushed under weight?

Just spitballin' ;)

This is what I've always thought. Think about dropping a 20 pound kettle bell on each side of a carton. Stacked the CCI way, the plastic trays offer little protection to the primer faces. The primers are much better protected on their sides, but it is hard to set off a primer with a side impact in the first place unless you completely crush the primer. Struck on the face, the anvil wants to set off the compound. On the side, it instead fights against it. Stacked sideways in the trays, the sides of the primers are more vulnerable to impacts, rather, but the faces of the primers are protected by the plastic trays. The extra space might provide some additional protection against sympathetic ignition.

Well, if you see primers at Cabela's, let me know where they're keeping them. I was there on Thursday afternoon and saw no traces. Decent amount of loaded ammo, though.
If they have them in stock, they're on top of the island in the middle of the knives and binos. They're generally on the side facing the registers and away from the optics/guns counter. They've not been out on the shelves for at least a year.

They're not hiding them behind the counter anymore?
They've been in the open (with a box limit) for the last couple months I've been dropping by, just have to ask one of the staff to pass them over. They might write some of your info down to enforce limits, depending on the staff member.

Back
Top Bottom