• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

but for those of us who buy online, at least we can go back to buying by the case and bundle with other hazmat purchases.
I just hope that becomes reality. The limits blow but I'm sure the limits will be removed once the demand drops a bit more. I think Natchez is the only vendor still allowing primers to be purchased by the case. Everyone else has limits.

In the grand scheme of things, the increase in price is not earth shattering when compared to ammo prices. We're literally talking an increase of 3-4 cents per primer compared to something like 9mm that shot up 40ish cents per round? during Rona - obviously that price has now come down dramatically.
but in the grand scheme of things, even at current prices, it’s a 100 f***ing percent increase from prices I paid in early 2020!

personally, I’m still ok with it...especially for match rifle loads. Most companies are still getting $1-$2 per round of quality match ammo, and I can still make it for less than $.40 even at current primer prices.

Now, being the total cheap frugal f*** that I am...I took my AVERAGE cost per primer (including all my pre-COVID lots), and my cost only went up about a penny per round when I factor in the 8000 primers I bought this week at double-plus pricing.

the reason I went so nutty this week is because they were EASY to get...something I haven’t seen since the meltdown. I tried playing the game of whack a mole in the Valley the other day and just didn’t have the patience for it. I ended up with 1k from Larry the Logjammer, 2k from the Sheep-f***ers, and 5k from Nachos...all around $90-$100/thousand including freight/hazmat. BUT, I didn’t have to spend a day driving around central indiana looking for primers...and let me tell you, there’s some reloaders out this way! Seeing components in a shop is about as rare as seeing a hooker at church!

Last edited:
...I'm sure the limits will be removed once the demand drops a bit more.
Apart from the altruistic anti-scalper angle, I'm sure the vendors just hate being sold out altogether. The limits should disappear when the vendors can get regular, predictable shipments and haven't sold out one shipment before the next shipment arrives. That will happen.

Cabelas had SP, SR at around 1430hrs. $65 per thousand, limit one. Heavy dolphin traffic at the ammo isle, which was being stocked with a good amount of ammo.

More importantly, Glenn still has some SRM in stock.
Ohh Glenn’s has SRM? CCI? Buddy of mine is looking for those

All gone but very interesting they are posting when they expect to have back in stock. Not a buyer, just a voyeur..I don’t need primers, I need brass but too cheap to buy, you cheap bastards are not leaving your empties at the range anymore…;)

Guys, how are we ever going to get the price to drop if we keep snapping these up at full retard prices ? Deep breaths....anyone reading this post has more than enough primers already....you know I'm right ;-)

you’re just mad because you keep missing the boat ;)

like I posted before...I’m buying again because they’re now easy to get. Full retard happened earlier this year with people paying $250-$300 for bricks...$75 is about double the cost of pre-COVID supply and what it will likely never be again...ever.

I do have more than enough...maybe for the rest of my life! But that said, maybe the 2A will continue to be infringed upon. Maybe tighter restrictions means we would only be able to buy/have a certain amount at a time. Those examples are reasons to get them while you can if you even THINK you’ll ever need them.

I didn’t play the ‘chasing game’ during COVID, but now that I can have them shipped to my door, I’m willing to pay a premium so that I can KNOW, not think, that I have enough when the other shoe drops.

covid and the 2020 ‘election’ opened the flood gates. Things are not going to get better until they get much worse, in my opinion. Meaning that there will be no pushback until we’re at the very edge of losing everything for good...and even then, maybe not?

side note: primers keep/store very well. I’m thinking of taking an approach to it like food storage...maybe put some bricks in Mylar w/o2 absorbers for long term. If there’s one truth that I’ve learned since I started buying firearms/ammo in 2014, the prices NEVER go down in the long term.

Guys, how are we ever going to get the price to drop if we keep snapping these up at full retard prices ? Deep breaths....anyone reading this post has more than enough primers already....you know I'm right ;-)
I've been buying , and I'm only sitting on 6 or 7k primers , who says that's enough?

I've been buying , and I'm only sitting on 6 or 7k primers , who says that's enough?
After posting this , I've realized that it isn't nearly enough to make me happy. I enjoy shooting , and I like to get out and do it in the very least once a week , but prefer to get out twice a week. If someone goes out twice a week and throws a couple of hundred rounds down range each time , it sure doesn't take long to burn through ones ammo stash.

After posting this , I've realized that it isn't nearly enough to make me happy. I enjoy shooting , and I like to get out and do it in the very least once a week , but prefer to get out twice a week. If someone goes out twice a week and throws a couple of hundred rounds down range each time , it sure doesn't take long to burn through ones ammo stash.
1626405150957.jpeg
I’m in the 1-2 times per week category.

Seeing places like Cabelas at $65 when they are in stock makes me think we'll see $50-55 bricks again by the end of this year. If it hits $50, I'll start buying again to stockpile.
I hope you’re right...I just highly doubt we’ll make it that long without another ‘incident’ to send us spiraling back into the abyss.

I’m going to take this time to get some more bullet molds too.

I was poking fun at the guys who have 10x those numbers and still toss & turn at night worrying about their stash.

Your money, buy as many as you want...but as long as they are flying off the shelves at double/triple prices there is zero incentive by the industry to return to "normal".

you guys that are buying the limit of 1k primers, what are the shipping and hazmat charges on top of the cost of the primers?

In the past, I would max out the hazmat weight or size limit to get the most out of the shipping charges.

Back
Top Bottom