Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Also just got my tracking number for one of my orders from the primer drop last friday.

Last edited:
I created accounts in my wife's name, using her credit cards a couple of days ago.
So - 2K SPP for me, 2K SPP for her - all from the RAM, using Q63.

Now I just have to transfer cash from my checking acct to hers for the primers she doesn't want.

The Ram and Larry has been dropping primers today. I just grabbed 2k Federal SPP for $85 per 1k shipped from the Ram. I should probably stop buying primers for others. I'm going to have tons of Hazmat packages being delivered to my house. Hopefully I don't get reported or something [laugh]
You know how Waco got started...FedEx man reporting a ripped open package to the Feds....

Debated grabbing more pistol primers, but I really want LPP. At this point if price and availability (hopefully) continues to improve, I have enough L/S rifle and SPP on hand to ride it out until we get closer to "normal."

I created accounts in my wife's name, using her credit cards a couple of days ago.
So - 2K SPP for me, 2K SPP for her - all from the RAM, using Q63.

Now I just have to transfer cash from my checking acct to hers for the primers she doesn't want.
Nice! You just reminded me. I have to do the same with my wife’s checking account.

Is it just me or is it something I can't put my finger on, Seems like when primers come available 1 supplier has them and sells out then a day later another supplier has them and sells out then the third supplier get then a day later and sells out , then nothing for a few days maybe a week. Maybe it just a coincidence but Ii can't accept that something above my pay grade is also in effect. Paranoia isn't always the rule of the day ( Just Saying)

The Ram and Larry has been dropping primers today. I just grabbed 2k Federal SPP for $85 per 1k shipped from the Ram. I should probably stop buying primers for others. I'm going to have tons of Hazmat packages being delivered to my house. Hopefully I don't get reported or something [laugh]
Also picked some of the SPP’s up...thank you again Andrew! This pushed me back over 20k SPP’s :)

I haven’t SOLD a single primer through all this nonsense though...my personal stash is approaching 60k and 56k of those were bought pre-Wuflu. I just loaded another 500 5.56 this past weekend though and have about 5000rds of pistol in the chute once I get some time to pump them out.

Still pretty deficient in SRP’s though...I seem to be going through a lot more of them now that I’m loading for service rifle competition.

Looks like the Ram has now lowered the limits on primers down to 1k....matching larry's limits.

Glad many here was able to grab 2k before the limit change.
That's what I saw when I checked, 1k limit. I can't bring myself to order just 1k at a time. At least with 2k, the shipping doesn't seem that bad.

I decided to drop out. Based on my stock and consumption rate, I think the shortage is effectively over. I possibly should have bought none during the shortage, but that would have been a little bit risky given no information on when ammo would start coming back. But as it stands now, I won’t even load a round from the last brick I bought from Larry for at least 2 years, maybe 3.

I decided to drop out. Based on my stock and consumption rate, I think the shortage is effectively over. I possibly should have bought none during the shortage, but that would have been a little bit risky given no information on when ammo would start coming back. But as it stands now, I won’t even load a round from the last brick I bought from Larry for at least 2 years, maybe 3.
Yeah I tend to agree. I should probably relax on buying more primers. Though I'm having no trouble finding a home for them with fellow reloading friends.
I just don't want to get stuck with them like the guys in the classifieds asking 60+ cpr for 9mm who probably paid 70+ cpr for the ammo [laugh]
Though the limits make it tougher than getting your hands on bulk ammo.

... i might be pissing against the wind here, but I am of the opinion that primers will not get any cheaper than $60-70... simply because the cost of everything has gone up. This thinking of mine applies to pretty much anything, but especially gun- related as on top of what I just stated the next mass shooting is probably just around the corner. We all know it and it is a matter of time.

Therefore whenever I see primers at $75 I buy a box here and there.

Things will not get cheaper. We printed so much money that the monstrous inflation in the next few years is all but certain.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Things will not get cheaper. We printed so much money that the monstrous inflation in the next few years is all but certain.

My 2 cents.
No doubt. In fact, I just got yet another letter from Dementia Joe that the IRS will be depositing $300 a month in our bank account because we happen to have a young child. "Free money for everyone". Guess that's one way to buy votes. This is from the same pathetic IRS that hasn't refunded us $5k of OUR money from a 2018 amended return that we've submitted twice in the last f***ing 13 months.

These current demoncrats are unreal. I can’t imagine how broke we'll be when my youngest is my age...if the US even still exists in 50+ years.

No doubt a circa $75 retail price is here to stay, but for those of us who buy online, at least we can go back to buying by the case and bundle with other hazmat purchases.

As for inflation, this is foregone. Lots going on there but I’ll stay on topic in this thread.

Prices will come down eventually but won't touch what they were pre Covid / Biden. Limits go away too. Rewind a few months ago and primers were unobtanium. Now, popular online vendors are limiting, but seem to have a steady supply. From my perspective, this is a step in the right direction.

... i might be pissing against the wind here, but I am of the opinion that primers will not get any cheaper than $60-70... simply because the cost of everything has gone up. This thinking of mine applies to pretty much anything, but especially gun- related as on top of what I just stated the next mass shooting is probably just around the corner. We all know it and it is a matter of time.

Therefore whenever I see primers at $75 I buy a box here and there.

My 2 cents.
Yup the cost of everything has definitely affected primer prices obviously. For a reference, in August and October 2020 I paid $40 per 1k shipped for SPP from Bass Pro and $40 per 1k from another online vendor. I don't know if $75 will be the new bottom price but I can't imagine it will drop below $50 per 1k (before hazmat and shipping costs). Right now that vendor that was dropping primers last friday has them listed at $60 per 1k. I think there's a chance prices might drop a little bit once the demand continues to drop but there's no way they're going back to $30-$40 per 1k.

In the grand scheme of things, the increase in price is not earth shattering when compared to ammo prices. We're literally talking an increase of 3-4 cents per primer compared to something like 9mm that shot up 40ish cents per round? during Rona - obviously that price has now come down dramatically.

Back
Top Bottom