Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus. How much did that 1k end up costing? I know primers are next to impossible to get but was just curious.
I’m helping some friends gather stuff. The price was terrible at about 5.6 cents/primer after shipping and hazmat.
But when they don’t have much 9mm and can’t get any for decent prices, this is still far better.
I did the math and and 9mm can be reloaded at ~14 cents/round Vs trying to find it and paying $300+.

I’m helping some friends gather stuff. The price was terrible at about 5.6 cents/primer after shipping and hazmat.
But when they don’t have much 9mm and can’t get any for decent prices, this is still far better.
I did the math and and 9mm can be reloaded at ~14 cents/round Vs trying to find it and paying $300+.
Yup still worth it.

Jesus. How much did that 1k end up costing? I know primers are next to impossible to get but was just curious.
Even at 5.6/primer, if you buy 115/124 grain lead bullets and reload using reduced loads, you can still get better ammo at a slightly lower cost than pre-COVID retardation prices for aluminum/steel cased TULA. (At least for 9mm).

I hope you at least combined that with a pound or two of powder.

If I was hurting, maybe, but limit of 1 puts them at 60 per thousand that hurts
A typical shortage choice - buy a small limit at an excessive price or visit a vendor without a limit and find it to be out.
Tula LP primers for $20/1K.
Tula primers are actually from the Murom Apparatus Producing Plant (Primers for cartridges of service, sportive & hunting arms | АО Муромский приборостроительный завод). They are rebranded and sold under various names as Russian primers. Wolf primers (at least during the last great primer shortage) do not say Murom on the individual boxes, but do on the boxes for the cases of 5000. I found their small rifle primers worked nicely, provided they were seated to the bottom of the primer pocket (not ust flush, but sight below flush).

last primer shortage, wolf seemed to be the only primer that didn't have a limit on them. most places had a 500 piece limit on cci, federal and winchester but for some reason you could walk out with a couple cases of wolf. dunno why? they work fine. i have several thousand 5.56's primed with wolf.

That is correct.
They have done the job for me and very rarely their berdan primers turn up in the USA (not lately though).

I'm sitting on several k berdan rifle primers that I picked up over 10 years ago.....have not seen them come up for sale since

I'm sitting on several k berdan rifle primers that I picked up over 10 years ago.....have not seen them come up for sale since

I might know someone willing to give hand jobs (plus cash) for Berdan primers. Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll hook you up...

...with the person I know. We’re very close.

careful....the mods are gonna have to rename the thread the "Primer and Prostitution Megathread"

I might know someone willing to give hand jobs (plus cash) for Berdan primers. Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll hook you up...

...with the person I know. We’re very close.

PSA to the forum:

It's a trick. No primers necessary.

LOL...

edit-

Just got back from a run to Shooters Outpost Amherst and Cabelas Berlin. I took the last box of CCI Large Pistol at Shooters, but there was CCI Large Rifle, CCI 34's (sometimes hard to find), CCI Large Rifle BR, and CCI Large Pistol Magnum. Cabelas had CCI Large Rifle and Large Rifle BR. Grabbed the last jar of IMR 4198 at Cabelas. Their powder supply is pretty dry.

Last edited:
Last time I went in there they were limiting, I got a box of CCI SP, it was like 30 something, no way in hell its 23 dollars. [laugh]

-Mike
Good to know.

Yeah they were 30 something when I was there in April. No way they'd lower the prices during this shitshow lol.

Correction:
I misread the receipt. The price for the primers was $39.90. I was reading the price on the next item on the receipt.
Sorry for any confusion.
But 39.90 that's almost 40

I didn't get any prices, but I stopped in to CGW in Hyannis today and they had a few cases of Fed small rifle primers .

where to get primers? and ammo? canada! i was cruising some websites earlier and up popped a hit for primers, all varieties and all the .22 ammo you can afford. and any other caliber for that matter. i thought the prices were pretty steep but i realized i was on a canadian web store. northern shooters supply i think it was called. a few other sites came up in a search also. i did not enter canada in my search criteria.

SPP are running $40 at retail if you can find them local. Places have them you just got to be persistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom