• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally home from Maine. Came home to the primers and realized that vendor (actually a gun shop) didn’t ship the 10k primers via hazmat...

And JFC federal’s packaging is just absurd!
View attachment 409000View attachment 409001
Wow! Reminds me of the time I got a Dewalt 18 Volt Sawzall delivered. The place I bought it from online basically took the Dewalt box and put a shipping label on it, then FedEx leaves it dead nuts in the middle of the front porch for the whole world to see!

Wow! Reminds me of the time I got a Dewalt 18 Volt Sawzall delivered. The place I bought it from online basically took the Dewalt box and put a shipping label on it, then FedEx leaves it dead nuts in the middle of the front porch for the whole world to see!
That’s exactly how Homedepot shipped last Christmas. Dewalt flex volt brushless saw for my son sitting at the end of my driveway in the Dewalt box with a shipping label.

That’s exactly how Homedepot shipped last Christmas. Dewalt flex volt brushless saw for my son sitting at the end of my driveway in the Dewalt box with a shipping label.

The last case of factory ammo I bought was just when all hell started breaking loose early with COVID 19. The discreet packaging from TSUSA was anything but!

I need to get a picture of the box Dillon shipped to me. I will try to do it tomorrow. You will all laugh.

And this past week I ordered a chronograph, they put the shipping label on the box. NICE! Now everyone knows what I ordered because it arrived when I wasn't home and sat outside all day.

One particular vendor (similar to Larry...) had federal small pistol primers in stock for like a minute. I had them in my cart but was not able to check out...
And the email notifications are definitely not working anymore. I think bots are buying them in a matter of seconds. It's crazy out there.

Last edited:
One particular vendor (similar to Larry...) had federal small pistol primers in stock for like a minute. I had them in my cart but was not able to check out...
And the email notifications are definitely not working anymore. I think bots are buying them in a matter of seconds. It's crazy out there.

I've given up trying to buy online; I think you're correct about bots/scripts.
I'm watching forums; took a run up to SC this past weekend and picked up a couple thousand of SPP and LPP in a private sale.

It was funny, meet the car at Dunkin Donuts, hand over cash, get package and drive away.
It didn't look too much like a drug deal.

I've given up trying to buy online; I think you're correct about bots/scripts.
I'm watching forums; took a run up to SC this past weekend and picked up a couple thousand of SPP and LPP in a private sale.

It was funny, meet the car at Dunkin Donuts, hand over cash, get package and drive away.
It didn't look too much like a drug deal.

I bought my VP9 in the parking lot of a Dunkins, and several other items in other parking lots. Thought the same thing, people must be looking thinking it's a drug deal. Nah, just a gun 🤣

Interesting thought on the bots and scripts.
I have 2 computers personal & work side by side so I've actually seen the emails arrive and clicked through inside of 5min
and items are already listed as out of stock.

I learned my lesson. I always have/had 3,000 to 5,000 on hand. IF we ever get through this I will have no less than 15,000 on hand at all times. Powder, I will have a five year supply. I'm in pretty good shape with bullets, but that arsenal needs to be built up. I am setting money aside each week to go on a shopping spree when supplies get back to somewhat normal. I think the prudent plan is to have a two year supply built up to deal with the idiocracy effect.

It's amazing. Ever since I started reloading four years ago, anything less than like 30,000 rounds available causes Ammo Shortage Anxiety for me. I have enough ammo loaded to probably fight off a small country right now, but I am hesitant to go to the range and waste it on target practice. I also laugh to myself anytime I am in a line at Cabelas and the guy in front of me is splurging on 50 rounds of 22lr :)

The go-to reloading vendor has an assortment of SPP SRP and LRP in stock. Looks like they have 1k count limits. And the site is constantly crashing. Good luck!
I got very excited for a moment. One of the online suppliers had small pistol in stock. I go to select it with the intention of ordering about a grand's worth and then notice you are limited to 1000 count box. Uggh.

I got in two separate orders of 2k primers each. $60 in hazmat and shipping for 4,000 primers 😬🤮

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom