• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone happen to score Federal small pistol primers last night from one of the go-to reloading vendors?? I just read on another forum that they had some in stock last night.

Please don’t post the name of the vendor.

Not me...unfortunately. Do we know the price the sold for ?

I saw someone somewhere post about it and when I checked the were gone. I was checking that site during the afternoon, and got them in my cart, but then they were sold out before I could complete the transaction.

I saw someone somewhere post about it and when I checked the were gone. I was checking that site during the afternoon, and got them in my cart, but then they were sold out before I could complete the transaction.
Damn.

Some hints on how to be ready. I'll call the supplier Vendor X
  1. If you do not have an account a Vendor X, sign up for one. This will save you the time entering your address when you order
  2. Login and leave select "remember me", "stay logged in", or whatever option your vendor offers on the page
  3. Have a shortcut icon in your browser and a desktop icon to bring up your browser to Vendor X
  4. Have a file with your credit card number so you can copy & paste it. Set up a desktop icon to open this file with one click
Anyone trying to order primers from an in-stock vendor at this time is in a primer fight. Play to win.

Last edited:
Anyone who wants my bot code (Python on Linux), PM me.

Conditions:
  • You send me the source for any improvements and let me know how you use it
  • You don't redistribute it without my permission
  • You need to be reasonably well known on NES
  • You have to use it to help the NES community, not just yourself
  • Green members only
  • You don't laugh at it. At least not publicly.

Anyone who wants my bot code (Python on Linux), PM me.

Conditions:
  • You send me the source for any improvements and let me know how you use it
  • You don't redistribute it without my permission
  • You need to be reasonably well known on NES
  • You have to use it to help the NES community, not just yourself
  • Green members only
  • You don't laugh at it. At least not publicly.

Consider freedom over control :

&

Consider freedom over control :

&

[rofl] Who are you, RMS?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2cF4-tHvqI

best comment:

me: "yo pass the aux cord"
friend: "you better not play trash"
me: (plays RMS song)

[rofl]

My "code" is a simple script of 73 lines which could have been 50 +/- if I was concerned about line count. It's pretty basic, but I don't want it posted somewhere that will result in dozens of people copying and running it on their server adding competition for primers and becoming a de-facto ddos on the vendor. I also want to avoid advertising the name of a supplier that still ships to the DPRM hence the "known recipient" requirement.

I am serious about the "no laughing" requirement though. That also goes for comments like "I thought you did this for a living".

It's also "control light" as I won't do anything except get really annoyed if my requests are not honored.

Last edited:
Got an email this morning that large pistol primers were back in stock. The email was sent around 9:45 but I didn't see it until about 10:30. All gone.

Got an email this morning that large pistol primers were back in stock. The email was sent around 9:45 but I didn't see it until about 10:30. All gone.
Damn. I thought large pistol primers would hang around a little longer than SPP but maybe not.

Damn. I thought large pistol primers would hang around a little longer than SPP but maybe not.
At least a couple of memeber got notifications this week. That is a positive. Maybe people will relax, with winter around the corner people might shoot a little less.

One can hope. Lol.

The current shortages are driven by flippers and people realizing they don't have "enough", not by people doing their seasonal reloading

Same thing happened with toilet paper and hand sanitizer a few months ago

With primers there are a few factors in play one of which is most of the primers are being diverted to ammo production, not retail sale so you end up with a situation where normal primer demand can't be met, plus all the other bullshit on top of it. Also at the beginning of this garbage the reloaders hit the primer supply hard because they knew what this movie entails because they've seen it before. Not to mention the entry cost of sucking down sleeves of primers is relatively cheap. A 5k sleeve/loaf was like $150-200 tops. Guys likely swooped in and bagged 2 or 3 of those at a whack. The primers were gone instantly, contrast to ammo which actually took awhile to go fullest retard.

You'll probably see the rifle primers start to pop up by january.
With cold weather moving in you're not going to see a lot of outdoor shooting in half the country.
Pistol primers- Might be the same but some were always tough to get if you wanted Federals.

Andrew1220 , good point on current cost.
Shops that are not getting replacement inventory the price will go up. I dont think shops are going to try and stock up heavy on high price goods. Only to be stuck with them 5 months from now and cant recoup.
i picked up primers from out back just before the prices went up , that was a month ago.

Its pretty simple if you did not stock up after the last shortage , between march and sept AND you want to shoot.
Your going to have to pay.

Someone on a reloading Facebook group claims Larry P had CCI SPPs last week. I never received an email but maybe they’re no longer sending emails for primers?? Idk I think this guy is trying to bust balls/get attention as I can’t find anyone discussing this on multiple forums or other reloading FB groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom