Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

People are nuts buying reloading stuff on GB.

Natchez just had Varget, H4895 and a few others in stock a little while ago

They do have 1 pounders of H4350. The 8 pounders sold out quick.

And for anyone reading this thread, Natchez does NOT ship to MA so we can post links from Natchez.
went to check the valley and got myself 4lb more of varget shooters world variant, at $43 per lb, the 'precision rifle' thing

I’m just laughing at the comments because in a couple of weeks when WWIII kicks off in eastern Europe, you’re going to be wishing you could buy primers this cheap.

Get your stash now or don’t bother bitching later. Might want to buy up all the commie ammo you need for the next 50 years while you’re at it.

Do you guys not pay attention to the news?

I’m just laughing at the comments because in a couple of weeks when WWIII kicks off in eastern Europe, you’re going to be wishing you could buy primers this cheap.

Get your stash now or don’t bother bitching later. Might want to buy up all the commie ammo you need for the next 50 years while you’re at it.

Do you guys not pay attention to the news?
I will again admit I am completely wrong regarding the duration of this insanity. By now I was expecting primer supply to be much closer to normal than the continued F-R level we have today. I was expecting both the demand to level out plus the supply chain to improve. Neither has happened.

I think we could be closer to a China problem than a Russia problem. Russia going into Crimea is not as awful as it appears on the surface. Crimeans largely identify with Russia rather than Ukraine. This is actually a pretty good summary of the China situation, which IMHO is way more concerning: What Will Drive China to War?

I've given up on waiting for early 2020 primer pricing and am in the process of stocking up a bit more than I would normally keep on hand.

I will again admit I am completely wrong regarding the duration of this insanity. By now I was expecting primer supply to be much closer to normal than the continued F-R level we have today. I was expecting both the demand to level out plus the supply chain to improve. Neither has happened.

I think we could be closer to a China problem than a Russia problem. Russia going into Crimea is not as awful as it appears on the surface. Crimeans largely identify with Russia rather than Ukraine. This is actually a pretty good summary of the China situation, which IMHO is way more concerning: What Will Drive China to War?

I've given up on waiting for early 2020 primer pricing and am in the process of stocking up a bit more than I would normally keep on hand.
Nov 2022 is the earliest possible date for anything good to happen…

I honestly don’t even think the architects of this bullshit realized how well it was going to work. Literally NO ONE saw this coming.

Buy. Buy. Buy. Stack, shoot, reload!

We’re still better off than most people, but we can always do better!

I’m going to read that article now. As anxious as I am, I’m absolutely fascinated with all the moving pieces.

Me, too. In my own defense, I had not imagined the Democrat-engineered dumpster fire that is the US economy at present. I realize now that when the Democrats were telling us that the previous administration was incompetent, they meant incompetent at incompetence. I have to hand it to them. They are really showing us how to take incompetence to a whole new level.

I honestly don’t even think the architects of this bullshit realized how well it was going to work. Literally NO ONE saw this coming.

Buy. Buy. Buy. Stack, shoot, reload!

We’re still better off than most people, but we can always do better!

I’m going to read that article now. As anxious as I am, I’m absolutely fascinated with all the moving pieces.
I have direct information from a highest clearance level source in the defense industry that our situation with China is worse than the media will portray. No surprise there, but the specifics are dire. So you may be off a little on the map, but the general idea that we are close to such a problem is on the mark. Will something happen? Hope not, but we are close and unfortunately getting closer rather than farther away.

I have direct information from a highest clearance level source in the defense industry that our situation with China is worse than the media will portray. No surprise there, but the specifics are dire. So you may be off a little on the map, but the general idea that we are close to such a problem is on the mark. Will something happen? Hope not, but we are close and unfortunately getting closer rather than farther away.
well, i would not exaggerate factual chances of an actual transcontinental conflict to begin, but the prices on ammo and primers/powders are definitely settling at those new levels and do not seem to deviate nowhere. it is highly annoying, but, seems like it is here to stay.

Some of my friends are balking at paying >$0.10/primer, and >$40/lb of powder. These same friends are celebrating that factory ammo has generally come down in price, and are stocking deep. I struggle with the logic when the components (even at inflated prices) produce rounds at 1/2 the cost (or less) of factory ammo, and the ammo can be tuned to specific settings, guns, uses, and other preferences. Handloading also opens the door to shooting things I couldn't access if relying on factory sources (like 30BR). So, even at 30cpr for factory 9mm, I'll lean toward reloading at <20cpr. Even with escalating prices on primers/powder/brass, I'm looking to stock deep NOW before the prices continue on this seemingly inevitably upward curve. I'm actually spending more on components than I did on factory ammo, but that produces a LOT more finished ammo, AND a hobby for the cold weather ahead as well.

I've posted this comment before, but a lot of this is due to you guys on NES. You've provided resources, guidance, advice and encouragement that have put me deep into this sickness (grin). I'll again single one out: DAMN YOU @andrew1220, DAMN YOU! [mg]

Last edited:
Why not just use them as spp? I've done it several times , and they work just fine.

I believe SRP have a thicker/stronger primer cup. This could turn out to be problematic in my IDPA pistol which has a lower poundage striker spring as part of improving the trigger.

I can use them for my M1 Carbine however if I can trade some SRP for SPP I'd do it.

I predict a two pronged event of Russia entering Ukraine and China attacking Taiwan simultaneously. Then primers will be unobtanium.....
But then again, I am a glass half empty kind of guy.
This is what I’ve expected all along as well, but I think China is waiting for Russia to move first to create a distraction for poopy pants Joe...he can only sort of quasi focus on one thing at a time.

While I was in the Marine Corps, we did a joint nato exercise in Latvia about 4 years ago with the brits, aussies and others to maintain force readiness in just such an event, but I don’t think Joe’s got it in him to send any troops.

Alright you guys just pushed me over the edge to buy a 4 pound jug of N320 and a pound of H110 from the vendor in the valley. Ugh. I have a pretty good match/balance with my primer to powder ratio now.

I got so much friggin powder lol. Ugh. Must. Stop. Spending. Money.

They have the elusive H4350 in stock but you have to play the refresh game. I had an 8 pounder in my cart but removed it since I don’t know anyone off the top of my head who is looking for some.

this actually brings up a question/request that I’ve had...does anyone here have a long to an excel spreadsheet that can be used for reloading components and maybe some simple calculations (powder/primers per bullets available in stock or similar)
in excel, the formula would be....

=sum(powder+primer+boolit)=pew

Alright you guys just pushed me over the edge to buy a 4 pound jug of N320 and a pound of H110 from the vendor in the valley. Ugh. I have a pretty good match/balance with my primer to powder ratio now.

I got so much friggin powder lol. Ugh. Must. Stop. Spending. Money.

They have the elusive H4350 in stock but you have to play the refresh game. I had an 8 pounder in my cart but removed it since I don’t know anyone off the top of my head who is looking for some.
Buy. More. Powder. Primers.

Must. Feed. Guns.

Back
Top Bottom