Anyone know about Fort Knox?

I wasn't going to post my opinion on this one in an open forum, I had already PM'd the OP directly. I spent 12 years in the Intelligence Community, leaving Active Duty about two years ago. The people that complain most about those who haven't deployed yet are not from MI. We understand the nature of how the Army functions and are not inclinded to hold a person's first assignment against them. You dont control your first, that comes from DA. Your reenlistment assign is what says the most about a person.
Also, just b/c Ft Knox is primarily a TRADOC Post doesn't mean that he is going there. Is 3rd BDE, 1st Inf DIV is most certainly NOT a TRADOC unit.

Please let us know what your son's unit is when he gets through Replacement Detachment. And God Speed to him.

Well, he arrived at Knox last night. He's assigned to 3rd Brigade Combat Team, , 1st Infantry Division, so deployment IS in his future. He's still in inprocessing. and isn't with his unit yet. They dumped into some available barracks space and he's waiting for a call so he knows what to do next.

All I know about his assignment is what I read here: http://www.knox.army.mil/forscom/3ibct/3-1stb/

And at the moment, he doesn't know much more. But I'm glad he's finally got a place to call home for a while.

USArmy_First_Inf_Patch.jpg

[rockon]

wooohoooo! great news....

EDIT: he'll be there for a couple-few days, getting in-processed through Legal, Finance, get issued his field gear ect.... nothing major. then they'll send him down to his unit.

if the unit is squared away, or somewhat squared... they'll send a sponsor over to meet and greet him. [smile]

Of all the units I supported in Vietnam, two come to mind as being the most organized and easiest to support: 1st Inf Div., and the 11th Armored Cav. Hopefully the Big Red One is still well organized and are they still headquartered at Fort Reilly, KS?

I have to agree with those who say that it'll be what he makes of it along with a little luck here and there. Best wishes to him.

Back
Top Bottom