• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

anyone having delays with your LTC A?

I am a LTC A holder and my wife wanted to get hers. It will be no surprise to anyone that it went past 40 days for her to get hers. At 50 days and at 60 days I called Chelsea and the local police department to find out what the problem was. I got all kinds of excuses. At 70s days I called Chelsea and the local police department to find out the delay. Chelsea told us that they have not received my wife's application from the police department and the police said they sent it. I didn't know what else to do.
I am a member of GOAL and I called Jon Green. He told me to call or write all my state reps and state senator. I did that and also called my federal Rep and in this case it was Joseph Kennedy. I told the that my Wife's due process was being violated and I needed help. I can not express how fast everyone reacted to this matter. 2.5 weeks later My wife's has her LTC A in her hands. Even last week I was told it would be a few more months. Six days later the local police department called and said her LTC a was in.
Please do not be afraid to rock the boat. We have done nothing wrong. Please please contact your state Reps and your state senator. They are there to protect the rights of everyone. I can't thank GOAL and Jon Green for their support and guidance. They are amazing people doing a thankless job.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
John.

My renewal took from March 25 to june 30th. I know your pain. It doesn't make it right as we know.

Town of North Reading
Took 114 days From app to receipt on 7/14/2013. Last renewal, less than a month.

I am feeling very fortunate. In Haverhill my renewal was in hand 6 weeks from my appointment. Not great, but no where near the time some of you are having to wait.

It's really slow right now, slower than I can ever remember. This is my 8th renewal and it's never taken this long before, Hell, it didn't even take this long to get my green card.

I am a LTC A holder and my wife wanted to get hers. It will be no surprise to anyone that it went past 40 days for her to get hers. At 50 days and at 60 days I called Chelsea and the local police department to find out what the problem was. I got all kinds of excuses. At 70s days I called Chelsea and the local police department to find out the delay. Chelsea told us that they have not received my wife's application from the police department and the police said they sent it. I didn't know what else to do.
I am a member of GOAL and I called Jon Green. He told me to call or write all my state reps and state senator. I did that and also called my federal Rep and in this case it was Joseph Kennedy. I told the that my Wife's due process was being violated and I needed help. I can not express how fast everyone reacted to this matter. 2.5 weeks later My wife's has her LTC A in her hands. Even last week I was told it would be a few more months. Six days later the local police department called and said her LTC a was in.
Please do not be afraid to rock the boat. We have done nothing wrong. Please please contact your state Reps and your state senator. They are there to protect the rights of everyone. I can't thank GOAL and Jon Green for their support and guidance. They are amazing people doing a thankless job.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
John.

The real question is, which agency was sitting on their hands here?? Local PD, State Police, FRB, or the Dept of Mental Health? A simple inquiry from an elected official, and BLAMMO!!!, here's your license!?!? Where the heck was it?

They are slowly and methodically trying to force us to give up. It's maddening!

The state is 5 MONTHS behind!! I talked to our Firearms officer, it is at the state level where it's being held up...he told me he gets his stuff done within the first week or so and then it gets sent to them...

Town of North Reading
Took 114 days From app to receipt on 7/14/2013. Last renewal, less than a month.

This is all very odd (no blank Sherlock, right?). I hear a great deal about the delays going on right now but mine was submitted in July and and got it last week. Less than 30 days for a renewal. I hear the delays are at the state level but it just does not make sense if mine came in less than 30 days. Seems like it has to be the towns unless I am a fluke (believe me, I am no one special)...

The state is 5 MONTHS behind!! I talked to our Firearms officer, it is at the state level where it's being held up...he told me he gets his stuff done within the first week or so and then it gets sent to them...

I agree with scottmac, I've heard the same thing, it's the State police background check system that is really the hold up....so if your town is a red town, that makes it even worse....

If the state is 5 months behind then why are some towns getting them done in 4 weeks? There's far too much variability for it to be the state, this is the fiefdoms in each town where you're at the mercy and the whim of somebody who is not held accountable to the letter and intent of the law.

It is a shorter wait that getting a crossbreed holster.

-Proud to be a licensed plumber most days, wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Back
Top Bottom