• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have experience with the HK VP9?

The dude is butt hurt because h&k didnt send him one early like all the other reputable important people that got them to do reviews on it.

Its his channel he can say what he wants.
i find yankee marshall is sort of a gun "perfectionist", very aesthetically oriented and all about fit-and-finish.....that isnt good or bad its just his style and I find it cool to hear his opinion.

peeps get all excited about the VP9 and it probably crushes some hopes out there to hear one guy doesnt love the VP9. Whatev Im still interested.

Dumb question... I thought striker-fired guns in MA had to have EITHER a manual safety OR a 10+lb pull, as well as the LCI and all that other crap. In other words, it was my understanding that you could have a 5lb trigger pull as long as you had a manual safety, OR a 10+lb trigger pull if you don't have a manual safety. But I also have no idea what I'm talking about. Can someone clarify this?

Dumb question... I thought striker-fired guns in MA had to have EITHER a manual safety OR a 10+lb pull, as well as the LCI and all that other crap. In other words, it was my understanding that you could have a 5lb trigger pull as long as you had a manual safety, OR a 10+lb trigger pull if you don't have a manual safety. But I also have no idea what I'm talking about. Can someone clarify this?

AFAIK that sounds correct to me.

AFAIK that sounds correct to me.

I would GLADLY take a VP9 with a Glock-ish or PPQ-ish 5 lb striker-fired pull and a manual safety, and heck, I wouldn't even mind the LCI. HK, make this happen, and I promise you I will buy one. (Ooh, big incentive.)

Since P30 / VP9 mags seem to be interchangeable, I already have my nice crippled MA-complaint 10 round mags.

Friend ordered one. I'll ping him to post thoughts in thread after he gets it.

Ergonomics are just as reviewed online, friggin' amazing. Gun fits perfect into your hand, something about it...

Can't wait to get some range time in, won't happen until next week, but looking forward to it.

It's gonna take some serious practice speed reloading with the paddle-style mag release. Was trying to use my middle finger on my right hand as I twist and bring it in... Not sure if that's the best method yet. Time will tell.

Shot it today, with CFG. Thing is nothing short of amazing. I was very impressed. I'm betting other shooters here will agree once they shoot it.

Shot it today, with CFG. Thing is nothing short of amazing. I was very impressed. I'm betting other shooters here will agree once they shoot it.

Some 1/32nd speed Judge Dredd footage of a VP9 mag dump.

I'll let PC post his video if he feels like it, but honestly, it's a nice gun. If it comes to MA, at the price point it's at, it certainly beats paying Mass premium on Gen 4 Glocks hands down imo...

Last edited by a moderator:
Only people who pay the full retard price for off list stuff , are ones that don't know how to beat the systems.
Don't want to wait to learn .

The ones that pay the full retard price like 7-800 for a glock from a dealer are stupid also . I'll gladly pay a slight mark up cause I know what there doing is risky but asking close to double is insane .
I saw a dealer doing this and laughed my ass off in front if him .

Last edited:
Hoping to find out how it shoots next week. The wait is killing me. Need to find a couple hundred 9mm rounds to run through it once it arrives

Last edited:
Only people who pay the full retard price for off list stuff , are ones that don't know how to beat the systems.

The ones that pay the full retard price like 7-800 for a glock from a dealer are stupid also . I'll gladly pay a slight mark up cause I know what there doing is risky but asking close to double is insane .

Not everybody has the inner circle access to the secrets. Waiting isn't going to provide those answers. Some people pay $80-500 grand for muscle cars that cost less than $10 grand when they were brand new because they're rare. I wouldn't call those guys stupid. They just paid the price for something they wanted.

Not everybody has the inner circle access to the secrets. Waiting isn't going to provide those answers. Some people pay $80-500 grand for muscle cars that cost less than $10 grand when they were brand new because they're rare. I wouldn't call those guys stupid. They just paid the price for something they wanted.

Classic cars are collectors items, Glocks are not, so paying a premium for a Glock is stupid, paying a premium for a 40 year old Hemi Cuda is justifiable in every way.

Classic cars are collectors items, Glocks are not, so paying a premium for a Glock is stupid, paying a premium for a 40 year old Hemi Cuda is justifiable in every way.

You're right - bad analogy with the muscle car and I'll just leave it at that.

Not everybody has the inner circle access to the secrets. Waiting isn't going to provide those answers.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon or lots of connections to figure it out. I'll leave it at that. The few people that aren't getting the good prices because they're too busy sitting around whining like crybabies, fussing and armflapping like a 'tard about mass compliance instead of doing a little bit of networking. They're too busy polishing the myths the gun shops and gun shop commandos trot out. The mass compliance overprice thing is much like Goebbels big lie theory- if people keep repeating something often enough "BWEAH I CAN ONLY BUY 20 year old GLOCKS THAT KOST 800 dollahs BWEAH!" it eventually becomes the truth, even if it is a bold faced lie.

Some people pay $80-500 grand for muscle cars that cost less than $10 grand when they were brand new because they're rare. I wouldn't call those guys stupid. They just paid the price for something they wanted.

Nah, the $1200 glock buyer is a lot dumber. At least the guy who paid too much for the ancient car might be able to roll it and get most of his money back. The $1200 glock buyer is only going to get that kind of money again from someone who is dumb or dumber than he was.

-Mike

Nah, the $1200 glock buyer is a lot dumber. At least the guy who paid too much for the ancient car might be able to roll it and get most of his money back. The $1200 glock buyer is only going to get that kind of money again from someone who is dumb or dumber than he was.

Where are these $1200 Glocks? There are lots of them in the classifieds for $500 to a max of $800 (that being for brand new hard to find models like Glock 42 etc).

Where are these $1200 Glocks? There are lots of them in the classifieds for $500 to a max of $800 (that being for brand new hard to find models like Glock 42 etc).

There have been plenty of people putting up packages there that were in the $900-1200 range... market is probably softer now and less gullibles as the newb infusion is starting to die down.

-Mike

Meh. No interest in a full size or even mid size 9mm pistol that is limited to ten rounds. If I can only carry ten, they're going to be .45. Let me know when we can buy a VP45 please.

Chris

Meh. No interest in a full size or even mid size 9mm pistol that is limited to ten rounds. If I can only carry ten, they're going to be .45. Let me know when we can buy a VP45 please.

Chris

picard-facepalm-o.gif

It doesn't take a brain surgeon or lots of connections to figure it out. I'll leave it at that. The few people that aren't getting the good prices because they're too busy sitting around whining like crybabies, fussing and armflapping like a 'tard about mass compliance instead of doing a little bit of networking. They're too busy polishing the myths the gun shops and gun shop commandos trot out. The mass compliance overprice thing is much like Goebbels big lie theory- if people keep repeating something often enough "BWEAH I CAN ONLY BUY 20 year old GLOCKS THAT KOST 800 dollahs BWEAH!" it eventually becomes the truth, even if it is a bold faced lie.

-Mike

Fact is though you do need to be connected and have developed a network. I've been on the forum for a while and have gotten some great deals and learned a lot. I got my 20 year old glock for well below what Ma prices are from a heads up from this forum. But there are some things that people will never share like, ammo shipping, and that's fine. If this gun has a price of 6-700 that's what I want to pay. I don't want to pay the Ma tax. So I'll hunt and save and if it has good enough reviews maybe ill break down and pay the MA tax, most likely from the classifieds here for a used one. I think I would be the one laughed at if I walked in to a shop and tried to work a deal.

Side question how long before they have a smaller concealed carry one of these, a year?

As promised. Here are the pics.
3097vp4.jpg

4tq6hw.jpg

jrzjoi.jpg

15ckl0m.jpg

rwlz0m.jpg

Played around with some snap caps last night and the trigger does feel amazing. Cant wait to put some rounds down range.

Back
Top Bottom