• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have experience with the HK VP9?

Fact is though you do need to be connected and have developed a network. I've been on the forum for a while and have gotten some great deals and learned a lot. I got my 20 year old glock for well below what Ma prices are from a heads up from this forum. But there are some things that people will never share like, ammo shipping, and that's fine. If this gun has a price of 6-700 that's what I want to pay. I don't want to pay the Ma tax. So I'll hunt and save and if it has good enough reviews maybe ill break down and pay the MA tax, most likely from the classifieds here for a used one. I think I would be the one laughed at if I walked in to a shop and tried to work a deal.

Side question how long before they have a smaller concealed carry one of these, a year?

Or read between the lines in the gun shop review page. Years ago I would read steller reviews from people who lived 2 hours away from a hole in the wall shop with terrible customer service and a website that hadn't been updated for prices in years. Then one day there was an thread talking about XYZ and it all made sense.

dont worry about the ma tax. just do some networking and find the right dealer who will do the transfer. got mine for cheaper then a lot of places sell them for.

yeah look how long it took the newer models to be approved. The hk45 and p30 were out for years before being approved in this state. Id give it 2 years before its approved

Beginning of this month at our clubs IDPA match some workers/owners of a store always come to shoot. They brought the new HK and shot it in the match. Afterwards they put down a bucket of bullets and told everyone if they load a mag then they could shoot it.

It shot nice. Couple people had issues with letting their fingers ride high on the frame and just that little bit of friction on the slide made it not cycle properly but was easily corrected by adjusting their grip.

Next shoot is Sep 6th and they may be there with it again.

VP9 has an external safety, that means it doesn't require a 10-lb trigger pull, no?

A gun with an external safety doesn't need a 10-lb trigger pull, according to the AG's regulations. But does it have an external safety? I don't see one.

Last edited:
Fit,Finish and Feel is amazing. I own many Glocks,HK's & FN's....Of all my polymers this just feels better. Got her last night. I'll feed her atleast 500 rounds this weekend. Here's to hoping it shoots as good as it feels.

VP9.jpg

It looks just like a P30. Why is it $300 cheaper than a P30, can't be just the price of steel vs plastic? Maybe it's the lack of all the annoying levers?

It looks just like a P30. Why is it $300 cheaper than a P30, can't be just the price of steel vs plastic? Maybe it's the lack of all the annoying levers?

Or just that they realize that they won't sell a striker fired gun for an extra $300. People will vote with their feet and buy a Glock or M&P or XDM.

Same should be true of the P30 though. You can buy a nice AR for the price of a P30.

Yeah but HK buyers traditionally don't give a shit about price. That's why they got away with it on the P30. They could play that game because the other (used to be) premium german brand, Sig, had guns that were 800 bucks
new. I think HK lowered their margin (and potentially costs) on the VP9 because they know the gun is never going to get into that market if it was too expensive. Every other striker fired gun is in that like $400-$700 "price cup." (I think Sig's new striker fired school bus, the P320 or whatever it is called is like under 600 bucks, too, IIRC. )

-Mike

Got to shoot the VP9 this morning, impressive gun, trigger was nice, ergo are excellent, although I didn't get to try the other grip inserts. It was very accurate with federal american eagle ammo. Mag release is gay, ruins the gun

Back
Top Bottom