• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have experience with the HK VP9?

Hey guys,

So I recently saw HK came out with a new Pistol, the HK VP9. Its very reasonably priced (600ish) and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it? I don't think its approved in MA yet, hopefully it will be at some point!

Hey guys,

So I recently saw HK came out with a new Pistol, the HK VP9. Its very reasonably priced (600ish) and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it? I don't think its approved in MA yet, hopefully it will be at some point!

Since the Attorney General requires a 10 lb trigger pull and external safety, I don’t see any way these striker fired pistols are ever going to be compliant. Who wants a Glock with a 10 lb trigger and external safety?

Since the Attorney General requires a 10 lb trigger pull and external safety, I don’t see any way these striker fired pistols are ever going to be compliant. Who wants a Glock with a 10 lb trigger and external safety?
You can always remove the 10 pound trigger afterwards. If these came in, I would definitely be up for getting one.

Hah, I have been calling gun places in NH to see if I can feel it at the very least. A little taste! No far, no one has them.

There is a shop in Worcester that has one on the shelf. They have it in the classifieds here. Law enforcement only.

Just got my issue of G & A and they have the article featured on the cover, HK's 9mm Striker "The people's pistol returns in the VP9", along with 9mm carbines from Stag Arms.

If you are HK, is it worth setting up a different platform to manufacture a unique MA-specific model w a 10+ lb trigger, LCI and other retardedness?

The whole purpose of creating "the list" was to dissuade manufacturers from pursuing the MA market....and it clearly worked.

if this HK VP9 is ever produced in a MA-compliant model I will be pleasantly shocked.

I don't care if its ever made MA compliant. Ill find a dealer with one in MA. Ill pay the "MA tax" and ill own the gun. People have been paying the MA tax for glocks for years...This is no different!

I don't care if its ever made MA compliant. Ill find a dealer with one in MA. Ill pay the "MA tax" and ill own the gun. People have been paying the MA tax for glocks for years...This is no different!

I thought the Glocks in dealers are mostly grandfathered versions? How does a dealer sell you a new gun like the VP9? (Just by taking a risk on a non-compliant transfer?)

there tough to find out of this state let alone in this state. A lot of dealers that are getting them in stock are only getting a few and i believe the majority of ones that i have seen for sale from dealers are coming with the 15 round mags and not the 10 round mags.

I thought the Glocks in dealers are mostly grandfathered versions? How does a dealer sell you a new gun like the VP9? (Just by taking a risk on a non-compliant transfer?)

You are correct, the Glocks you see at dealers are Gen 1 or 2's. Some people say there are dealers out there who will sell, for example, a Gen 4 Glock in MA, but I have never seen it myself. I think Comm2A has suit filed right now challenging the AG regs on handgun safety.

I don't know how they get away with it. There are lots of dealers selling brand new non MA compliant guns.

There is a shop in Worcester that has one on the shelf. They have it in the classifieds here. Law enforcement only.

Somewhere in your questions is the answer..[smile]

Sometimes details aren't enough to get by on for our hero's in blue..If only LEO's were paid a fair wage,they wouldn't have to resort to this money making tactic.

Last edited:
There are plenty of dealers out there selling non-compliant guns, you just have to be willing to pay the markup. If you're willing to pay $800-$900 for a VP9, I promise you there's someone out there willing to sell you one.

Hey guys,

I had some time with one to disassemble, shoot and review in one of the other countless VP9 threads popping up. Search to check it out.

just an FYI, I was at RIley's in hooksett today for their 61st anniversary and had a discussion with the HK rep about the VP9. He told me it has been submitted for evaluation by the EOPS (or whoever actually does the testing) to make it MA compliant.....I figure he knows what he's talking about so I Have no reason to doubt the guy.

anyway thought I would pass this info along.

just an FYI, I was at RIley's in hooksett today for their 61st anniversary and had a discussion with the HK rep about the VP9. He told me it has been submitted for evaluation by the EOPS (or whoever actually does the testing) to make it MA compliant.....I figure he knows what he's talking about so I Have no reason to doubt the guy.

anyway thought I would pass this info along.

Oh sure, right after you talk me into getting a .45, lol.

Cool news though.

Back
Top Bottom