• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have a lead on where to get ammo? This is getting ridiculous

Years ago, He called up the AGs office and ratted out Bass Pro to the AG when BPS was selling brand new glocks (not long after they opened) and taking orders for other off list stuff at the
same time... and then he had the audacity to brag to customers about what he did, etc. There's still a bunch of rumpswabs that still use his shop, which is probably why he hasn't gone out of business. Boycotts dont really work.... although I'm pretty sure it hit him at least somewhat.
He’s basically out of business. Ted rented 2/3 of what used to be his shop to a local chimney sweep. He keeps about 400 sq ft (maybe) for the gun shop which is basically going out of business. And this was long before COVID.

He’s basically out of business. Ted rented 2/3 of what used to be his shop to a local chimney sweep. He keeps about 400 sq ft (maybe) for the gun shop which is basically going out of business. And this was long before COVID.

He got killed partially by the boycott, and partially by BPS, Gartman, and others.. Not to mention that area is literally right on the edge of the MA gun desert, there's not exactly a lot of scratch down there to buy shit from a gun shop.

Gartman is close to bass pro. Their prices suck but at least you’ll be able to shoot
Gartman doesn’t have any ammo and they’re generally douches. I have bought half a dozen guns from them in the past few years and every time I go I say that’s the last time. Was there a month or so ago, no ammo, a couple of shields in the case, not much else. Definitely don’t go there if you’re looking for ammo, they have more at basspro (which isn’t saying much)

He got killed partially by the boycott, and partially by BPS, Gartman, and others.. Not to mention that area is literally right on the edge of the MA gun desert, there's not exactly a lot of scratch down there to buy shit from a gun shop.
He got killed by the boycott and because he’s an incredible ass

He got killed by the boycott and because he’s an incredible ass
My favorite Ted story is eons ago I had a buyer in an FTF sale that wanted to a transfer at NET. We get there and his guys are in the shop but he will not allow them to do an FTF when he is not in the shop. They kindly allowed us to use his copy machine though to copy an FA-10 so we could do an FTF. So basically we did an FTF in his shop and screwed him out of $35 or whatever his fee was. With the help of his staff. [rofl]

IMHO thats only a few steps down from leaving an upper decker or throwing his keys on his roof.

This was for a Ruger LCR .38, which was at the time pretty numbingly MA compliant and still is.....

Not to mention that area is literally right on the edge of the MA gun desert, there's not exactly a lot of scratch down there to buy shit from a gun shop.
Wrentham, Walpole, Sharon, Franklin, north Attleboro, Norfolk, & Foxboro aren’t exactly destitute towns and there are plenty of gun owners. Ted is a Dick, it has zero to do w market dynamics. Probably not as upscale as where you are tho... 🤣😂😜😝

😳😳😳😳😳😳

(Now I want to open the safe and check the current Market Value of what I have) 😄

This should be in the investment thread! Ammo's 3 year rate of return is currently SMOKING the DOW, S&P, and aany other market indices out there right now.
Anyone that's been on this board for more than a couple of years has seen predictions here that this would be the case. I have enough factory ammo to weather the storm if I don't shoot too much and I have a fair amount of components to load a bunch more. I wish I had more primers but I have enough to last if I am judicious in my reloading.

Wrentham, Walpole, Sharon, Franklin, north Attleboro, Norfolk, & Foxboro aren’t exactly destitute towns and there are plenty of gun owners. Ted is a Dick, it has zero to do w market dynamics. Probably not as upscale as where you are tho... 🤣😂😜😝

Ok, so there's money, but not necessarily people dumping it on guns, I'll just leave it at that.

Where I live is even worse, but smaller area (north central MA)

He got killed partially by the boycott, and partially by BPS, Gartman, and others. Not to mention that area is literally right on the edge of the MA gun desert, there's not exactly a lot of scratch down there to buy shit from a gun shop.

LOL!!!!! [laugh] Always up for some good "Ted the Rat" bashing chatter, but I think drgrant is way off base if he thinks the area is poverty central and a gun desert. You think Bass Pro located there because no one in the area has any money? I think there is plenty of money and plenty of gun interest down there too. However, drgrant is right that Bass Pro certainly did play a part in helping to kill Ted's business.

Ted is old, tired and sickly. He just wants to retire. He tried selling his shop, but he asked a lot and there was zero interest. So he sold off most everything, cut the place down to the size of a linen closet and survives to this day somehow on local club members. There is nothing there of interest to most people. A sad ending for sure, but it's really a slowing down into (semi-) retirement thing. It's not due to any lack of money or gun interest in the area.

Anyone that's been on this board for more than a couple of years has seen predictions here that this would be the case. I have enough factory ammo to weather the storm if I don't shoot too much and I have a fair amount of components to load a bunch more. I wish I had more primers but I have enough to last if I am judicious in my reloading.
This. I've got a buddy down here I just talked to. He put together a boutique AR for his wife, sent me a pic. Told him it was purty, they should come by and shoot. He said he'd love to, was looking for ammo, down to 300 rounds of 223 so needed to stock up some. I was talking to a nurse at work the other night, she told me her and her husband weren't really shooting because they were down to nine rounds of 9mm. Yup, 9 rounds. Not boxes, ROUNDS.

Some people just haven't been paying attention. And I don't think it's regional either. I told Lady Radtekk the other day that if ammo gets close to normal I'm gonna quadruple my inventory. She smiled and said "ok..."

This. I've got a buddy down here I just talked to. He put together a boutique AR for his wife, sent me a pic. Told him it was purty, they should come by and shoot. He said he'd love to, was looking for ammo, down to 300 rounds of 223 so needed to stock up some. I was talking to a nurse at work the other night, she told me her and her husband weren't really shooting because they were down to nine rounds of 9mm. Yup, 9 rounds. Not boxes, ROUNDS.

Some people just haven't been paying attention. And I don't think it's regional either. I told Lady Radtekk the other day that if ammo gets close to normal I'm gonna quadruple my inventory. She smiled and said "ok..."

I’m in the same boat with regards to future inventory expansion. If I actually stop buying now, I’d be able to save quite a bit. I do have a mild lanyard addiction now though.
I can’t imagine being that low on 5.56 or 9mm. I don’t have a lot more, but below 1,000 rds. of anything would probably make me anxious. And for Pete’s sale get that nurse some 9mm! At least enough to properly load 2 mags! 9 rds. is like what they give you when you start playing oddball dystopian zombie survival games. Zoinks!

Gartman doesn’t have any ammo and they’re generally douches. I have bought half a dozen guns from them in the past few years and every time I go I say that’s the last time. Was there a month or so ago, no ammo, a couple of shields in the case, not much else. Definitely don’t go there if you’re looking for ammo, they have more at basspro (which isn’t saying much)

I've never bought anything from them, they seem pretty cool to me when I went there.

Although I have not been there since this latest pandemic panic buying spree, so maybe they are frustrated with not having any product to sell and stay in business.

As far as ammo, I did not buy Mk262 because I didn't have a rifle that would benefit from it. Plus I was more into AK's and was not about to pay $.70 a round for 77gr 5.56 lol

Once I get 1k more rounds of Black Hills or IMI I am done buying ammo, forever... Forever because I don't think buying ammo will ever be the same again after a few pen strokes from pedo in chief.

Local shops, check the Target Sports thread on this forum, and keep an eye out in the classifieds also on this forum. It pops up here and there.

If you're more concerned with getting it now than price, then there are always the options for Gun Broker or Cheaper than Dirt, where the price gouging is so crazy that they've bound to still have some in stock.
This. Plenty on gun broker. Hope u are working overtime from home with no commuting costs, your gonna need it. 😂🇺🇸

Stopped by shooters yesterday I was in the area.

They had 7.62x39 100 round max ......$10 for a 20 round box

Cci 22 lots of flavors 300 round max (19 cents a round and up)🙄

Blazer 9mm 100 round max (didn't check the price)

Shelves were very bare of course just noticed these and they were selling fast. I'd say if anyone is hard up if you got there at opening time you may have a chance of finding some ammo.

Last edited:
I was talking to a nurse at work the other night, she told me her and her husband weren't really shooting because they were down to nine rounds of 9mm. Yup, 9 rounds. Not boxes, ROUNDS.
Geesus! :oops: Now, that is what I'd call a critical family ammo shortage! 🤪
And that's why ammo will never go entirely back to pre-crisis pricing. No matter how well prepared you were for the current crisis, you're going to want a whole lot more in preparation for the next crisis (even though this current crisis may never end under Dementia Joe). :cool:

Stopped by shooters yesterday I was in the area.

They had 7.62x39 100 round max ......$10 for a 20 round box

Cci 22 lots of flavors 300 round max (19 cents a round and up)🙄

Blazer 9mm 100 round max (didn't check the price)

Shelves were very bare of course just noticed these and they were selling fast. I'd say if anyone is hard up if you got there at opening time you may have a chance of finding some ammo.
JFC I was just there last week or the week before and they had red army x39 for $8 per 20. Now $10? Dang

What if the storm doesn’t end? At least you reload...

I've had these same thoughts...I'll probably pretty much stop shooting and save/make what I have for such a time as I may really need it.
All my 9mm and .233 reserves were made at 60cpr and lower, that is still expensive but at modest consumption rate is sustainable.

If 60cpr will raise to $1pr or higher- that will mean the end of plinking for me.

I've never bought anything from them, they seem pretty cool to me when I went there.

Although I have not been there since this latest pandemic panic buying spree, so maybe they are frustrated with not having any product to sell and stay in business.

As far as ammo, I did not buy Mk262 because I didn't have a rifle that would benefit from it. Plus I was more into AK's and was not about to pay $.70 a round for 77gr 5.56 lol

Once I get 1k more rounds of Black Hills or IMI I am done buying ammo, forever... Forever because I don't think buying ammo will ever be the same again after a few pen strokes from pedo in chief.

It's hit or miss, some of the guys are cool, others are your typical answer every question with a question type LGS Operators. It's probably better then it was in terms of service.

LOL!!!!! [laugh] Always up for some good "Ted the Rat" bashing chatter, but I think drgrant is way off base if he thinks the area is poverty central and a gun desert. You think Bass Pro located there because no one in the area has any money? I think there is plenty of money and plenty of gun interest down there too. However, drgrant is right that Bass Pro certainly did play a part in helping to kill Ted's business.

Ted is old, tired and sickly. He just wants to retire. He tried selling his shop, but he asked a lot and there was zero interest. So he sold off most everything, cut the place down to the size of a linen closet and survives to this day somehow on local club members. There is nothing there of interest to most people. A sad ending for sure, but it's really a slowing down into (semi-) retirement thing. It's not due to any lack of money or gun interest in the area.

I don't wish sickness on anyone, and what happened to that store is sad but also predictable. I bought my first couple of handguns from him, the guys working the shop were nice guys, the problem was you couldn't get out of there without hearing his life story.

Stopped at BassPro Foxboro on Fri 11am as I was in the area.

There was plenty of 9mm and .300 and some 22
No 308 or 223
What was the 9 selling for and did they have limits on how much you could get?

Great advice, but many just will never listen. I've been preaching the "Shoot 1 , buy 2" mentality for the past 8 years and it clear to me that certain people will always cry during the cold times, yet just continue to do the careless happy dance during the comfortable times. 2017-2018 were the best years to stockpile anything gun related. I think the cheapest I saw 9mm ammo during this time frame was about $13.99 / 50 for plinker ammo at the LGS level ? LGS shelves were loaded all the time, and reloading components at full availability, even factory rebates were available! I took FULL advantage and bought up everything I could as funds permitted. I've lived through several gun panics since 2010 and I took action. I got zero sympathy for the whining gun guys that have lived through past panics whom should have known better. Adversely the 7+ million brand new gun owners whom have been blindsided by this current panic , I do show some compassion as it's a frustrating situation, and i've been there myself.

Back
Top Bottom