Anyone have a lead on where to get ammo? This is getting ridiculous

9mm or 45acp. 38spl or 357 would be fun too, but I prefer to shoot my polymer handguns that I EDC.
You have a much better chance with the first two. The last are much harder. Do you have a CMP account?
Both are in stock, but have about a 1 month shipping backup wait...

9mm or 45acp. 38spl or 357 would be fun too, but I prefer to shoot my polymer handguns that I EDC.
There’s ‘plenty’ of all of that in the classifieds here but it’s like taking medicine as a kid, and if you really need it, just have to block your nose and swallow. 2-3 days later you’ll feel a little better at least having it. 🤷‍♂️

There’s ‘plenty’ of all of that in the classifieds here but it’s like taking medicine as a kid, and if you really need it, just have to block your nose and swallow. 2-3 days later you’ll feel a little better at least having it. 🤷‍♂️
This is honestly one of the best analogies I’ve heard that accurately describes pricing in the classifieds

I don't think a PD procurement office is as concerned with the PRC that most of us have to consider, which would open them up to more options if they were in a crunch. Although, it would be odd if they weren't already stacked very high and deep from pre-covid days considering they probably get a break from ammo storage limits. But I have no real frame of reference and this is all just speculation, so maybe someone can chime in.
I have friends in LE that I've talked to, big departments that have their own range, not much of an issue, they usually have a dept. armorer and a pretty big stash of extra guns and ammo. Small departments are dealing with the same bullshit we are, they are usually just given a yearly allowance for ammo for qualifications and training, except they can buy from certain places we can't that eliminates the hoarders coming in. I tried to get some ammo off a good LEO friend of mine but he had training coming up and couldn't get ahold of more in time.

Last edited:
In general, The times I've been in there, I've found that Gartman generally doesn't have much for ammo.. at least not like some other shops I've been in

I work at BPS part time.. ammo is coming in, but you gotta be there when the truck is unloaded and the stuff gets to the floor. Once it's on the floor, it doesn't stay long.
What times do the trucks come in lol I've never manged to luck out and time that correctly

Classifieds here have ammo for sale. You gots to pay, and you probably wanna go green as well. I’ve scored some .308, 9mm, and traded for 5.56 all in the last 6 months for non-super-rape prices.

Basically pick a half dozen or more of your favorite online places that sell ammo and will ship to MA or ones you can buy online and pickup. Then login and set notifications on every kind of ammo you think you want so you get text messages and emails. As soon as the alerts come in login using your phone and buy immediately.

Also cozy up to your LGS and find out what days they get deliveries and make sure you are there to buy the stuff when it comes in. Of course with the LGS by other stuff also so they don't hate you and maybe bring them some coffee and donuts or hookers and they might put some aside for you.

What times do the trucks come in lol I've never manged to luck out and time that correctly
trucks come in on random days.. no real pattern... they arrive about 11am, and are unloaded on the dock by about 2pm. Then the department associates have to come down, get their respective freight, and stock it on the shelves when they get time to do it... So.. on a good day.. maybe 3-4pm if a truck came in that day.. Worst case, the next morning..

trucks come in on random days.. no real pattern... they arrive about 11am, and are unloaded on the dock by about 2pm. Then the department associates have to come down, get their respective freight, and stock it on the shelves when they get time to do it... So.. on a good day.. maybe 3-4pm if a truck came in that day.. Worst case, the next morning..
Shame ill keep trying then

and we get what the distribution center sends... we get a manifest, so we know what's coming a few days ahead of the truck, and we know roughly what day it will arrive, barring weather, traffic, etc.
It's tough getting up there for me so I'd prefer to know ahead of time but w/e. I'm well stocked but there's no such thing as too much

Seriously, I have not looked, what is a 50 round box of 9mm going for?

I know years ago when prices were relatively decent I stocked up around $12 a box.
I'm too young to remember sub $10 a box prices. 🤓
You don't want to look at ammoseek.com. Last I looked the two places that had .38Spl were listing it for $1.65-3.xx/rd for practice ammo!! :eek:

Is Northeast Traders closing up shop for good or selling the business? Shame, that area cou!d use a good lgs, moreover Dave Santurri does amazing gunsmith work just a building over

Is Northeast Traders closing up shop for good or selling the business? Shame, that area cou!d use a good lgs, moreover Dave Santurri does amazing gunsmith work just a building over
He rented half of his space to another local company I would never support. He has absolutely no inventory in stock. I would assume this means the final nail is in the coffin. Unfortunately he is a member of my local club also and responsible for all the fudd rules.

Seriously, I have not looked, what is a 50 round box of 9mm going for?

I know years ago when prices were relatively decent I stocked up around $12 a box.
I'm too young to remember sub $10 a box prices. 🤓

Friend of mine just got his license and first pistol. Texted me asking if $43 for a 50 round box of target ammo was a good price. Some shop in the Sturbridge area.

I texted him back and told him to stop by my place and I’d help him out. Told him what I paid for my ammo and he almost immediately turned red.

This is honestly one of the best analogies I’ve heard that accurately describes pricing in the classifieds

basspro had a glitch today - so it shows there for 30cpr. not real. rest is accurate, before 'riot' it was at a 56-57cpr min.

also, i think a lot of sites should get it today - 9mm - Wolf Polyformance 115 GR. FMJ 500 rd. Steel Case1 $349.99

Last edited:
😳😳😳😳😳😳

(Now I want to open the safe and check the current Market Value of what I have) 😄

This should be in the investment thread! Ammo's 3 year rate of return is currently SMOKING the DOW, S&P, and aany other market indices out there right now.

We have the ability to automatigically censor curse words, can we add a custom hook to the site so that name is always changed to Northeast TRAITORS (aka the RAT) so new users never get confused? Won't somebody think of the newbies?

Just checked a shop on my way home. Limited to buying 50 rounds of .22, 20 of 5.56 and 20 of 300 blk out happy to have found the black out.

I'm sure this is a dumb question given the circumstances, but does anyone know how to get some pistol ammo? I'm literally just looking for a couple of boxes for range time. I live near a Bass Pro and I haven't seen shit for months now. This is getting ridiculous. Is there a better time to go to ensure they might have a few boxes?

This is a rant, but god damn this is why I hated working in the gun industry. The ridiculous swings of "all out panic buy" to "nobody buy anything" is just so annoying.
NES Classifieds and ARFCOM EE.

Never a problem finding ammo. You gotta justify if it's worth the cost

Back
Top Bottom