Anyone have a Gen 2 Geissele trigger and a Gen 1 Tavor?

I'm asking because I have a Gen 1 Geissele Super Sabra trigger and a Gen 2 Tavor and it doesn't fit. I've called Geissele who I fully expect to make things right, but I wanted to put a message out in case someone has the opposite problem.

How does one know what Gen Tavor one has? I have a Tavor and a Geissele trigger but haven't had time to install the trigger so no idea if I'll be staring at a problem or not.

How does one know what Gen Tavor one has? I have a Tavor and a Geissele trigger but haven't had time to install the trigger so no idea if I'll be staring at a problem or not.

Until a few hours ago I didn't even know there were different Tavor generations so I'd have to look it up to find out. I can tell you in pictures how the Gen 1 and Gen 2 triggers are different, however.

The following image is looking at the front-right side of the trigger pack. Notice how at the top of the housing, just above where the screw that holds the trigger pin in, there is some material cut away so that the side of the housing does not come up as high in the front as in the back? That is a gen 2 super sabra. A gen 1 trigger is level across the entire right side.

So check whether you have that cut away on the Super Sabra you have and let me know if it fits when you try it in your gun. I'm anxious to hear the results.

My Super Sabra is flat across that top part, unlike the picture. So I have a Gen 1 trigger.

Before I install the trigger pack I want to measure the trigger pull (factory) and then measure it with the SS trigger pack.

Ok good luck. FYI if you have the right trigger pack it literally takes 15 seconds to change triggers. If you don't, the pins won't line up properly and you'll be in the same boat that I am.

I spoke with Geissele today. They generated an RMA# to switch the Gen 1 housing to Gen 2. The cost will only be $10 including return shipping so I'm pretty happy with that.

I sent my trigger to Geissele to get the housing switched on Saturday the 8th and got an e-mail from USPS saying that a package from Geissele was sent today, the 11th. I'm very pleased with the speed and ease of service.

-edit-

They also sent a care package of a really nice Geissele baseball cap, stickers, velcro patches and a little Geissele loopy thing but I'm not sure what it is.

I <3 Geissele

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom