Anyone had issues with Tokarev ammo having hard primers?

George D

NES Member
Both my Polish TT33 and my CZ52 were having issues today. The TTT33 had one or two FTF and the hammer had to be cocked manually with the second hit lighting it off. My CZ52 would cycle maybe 3 out of 7 rounds correctly. I had been shooting Norinco factory ammo and never had an issue, now I am shooting some surplus ammo (1986 vintage) I bought a few months ago and I don't think its the guns since they both performed fine earlier.

I have some polish ammo that gives me fits here and there. I also get a lot of split cases after shooting it.

Yup I have some surplus 7.62x25 stuff for my CZ 52 that has hard primers. I don't recall what country its from but I've had plenty of misfires with it. I bought some different surplus rounds, which I think are Chinese and those are much better.

Try changing out your firing pin spring. I had a similar problem with one of my Romanian Tok and changed out the spring. Numrich has them for 6 bucks. After that no issues. Also the split cases dont bother me, you cant re load it so what the heck.

Back
Top Bottom