Anyone had a P7 (or other HK) refinished locally?

Fooped

Resident HK Guru
Hey Everyone,

I'd like to get one of my HK P7s refinished, but I'd like to have it done locally if possible. There's a few finishes that folks put on these guns and I'd really like to see a finished product before I make my decision.

Anyone know a good source?

Thanks!

Karl Sokol of Chestnut Mountain Sports in West Rutland Vt offers a Mountain Tuff finish. I don't know much about it. You can contact Karl at [email protected]

Karl is a very good gunsmith and has done work for me before (not finishes) plus he is a nice guy to boot.

Mark L.

Local would be so nice!- I have sent rifles/hand/handguards guns all over the place for gunsmithing, refinishing, engraving (FL, NV, MN, SC)

Karl Sokol of Chestnut Mountain Sports in West Rutland Vt offers a Mountain Tuff finish. I don't know much about it. You can contact Karl at [email protected]

Karl is a very good gunsmith and has done work for me before (not finishes) plus he is a nice guy to boot.

I had Karl refinish a Kimber Compact for me a few years back. This may be the same finish -- low temperature backed-on. This is a reasonable finish, but it does show holster wear on the high spots relatively quickly. It doesn't offer the durability of a hard-chrome finish.

Locally I think your out of luck. I had tripps do an M-13 for me a number of years ago. A buddy had them do his M-8 and they messed it up. They made good for him and to this day he has had no problems with his gun.

There is a hard chrome shop in Newburyport, MA that I have done business with. Work related though, not gun related. You could try them. They are called Dynachrome.

Steve

Don't know where in MA you are, but I've had two 1911's refinished at Stateline in Mason NH. I know they do spray and bake finishes and have stuff you can look at. I had mine beadblasted (not polished) and blued so the finish is flat.
They did OK by me, I'd go back to them again.

Call or e-mail Sergey at Rustblue Gunsmithing (Shop - 508-545-2450, Cell 508-904-4044, e-mail: [email protected]) and ask him what he can do for you. He is excellent. I have used him many times and have sent many of my clients to him and they are all pleased with his services. Give him a try, he's a full service gunsmith. He does all work himself. You will be pleased. Check out his website at: www.rustbluing.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom