Anyone charged for Disorderly or Disturbing the peace, loose LTC while OC'ing in MA?

Jeeesh, ya gotta be kidding me.

Just out of curiosity, what about children (or adults) weraing a cowboy belt and a couple of holstered cap guns? Or an adult carrying a starter pistol in a holster? Or an empty, closed end holster that sticks out? How are those situations any different (from the observer's perspective) than catching a glimpse of your real weapon?

I was shocked to read the regs here and found that an LTC was concealed carry only. I thought that was very odd as in other places open carry is the norm and concealed requires a special endorsement or license. Now I'm learning your weapon can never be seen in Massachusetts?

Now I understand why so many here are so afraid of guns, they have no exposure to them.

It's kinda like "don't ask don't tell" for gun owners, no?

What is wrong with this state?

re-read the law. [rolleyes]

I meant I was shocked to read the posts here, not the regs. Sorry.

But are you saying it's legal and OK to carry openly and I probably won't have an issue?

If not, reading this thread is troubling to me. How would I know that customs here are enforced as if they were written laws? What else don't I know? How can I avoid having an issue, having my ticket pulled and perhaps being permanently ineligible around the country because of a MA revocation?

Good grief.

But are you saying it's legal and OK to carry openly and I probably won't have an issue?

If not, reading this thread is troubling to me. How would I know that customs here are enforced as if they were written laws? What else don't I know? How can I avoid having an issue, having my ticket pulled and perhaps being permanently ineligible around the country because of a MA revocation?

Good grief.

The custom exists because the CLEO in your town can revoke your LTC for pretty much any reason. This leads to the chance, however slim it may be, that if you OC and cause a "panic" that your CLEO will say you are unsuitable to have an LTC and revoke it.

This leads to the ridiculous situation that OC is technically legal, but many advise against it due to the potential for having your LTC revoked.

Good grief.

Your Cheif is the one who will decide to find you unsuitable. If you want to find out what would happen if there is a complaint about you open carrying. Ask him or her.

My bet is most will say open carry is technically legal. However the reason we give u a class a alp is so you can conceal and not scare sheep. That way we dont have to field calls from freaked out people and chiefs from other towns.

if your towns chief says idgaf, then you can probably open carry without fear of permit loss. However disturbing the peace can always be wrung up on you if someone complains if you are OCing in an unfriendly town

Back
Top Bottom