• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone been to Four Seasons lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive never seen the level of distance faggotry in my life as in mass. Even Californians aren't that retarded. Mass townies would basically end up hanging themselves if they had to live in a square state in a rural area... for anything more than a couple of days or so they would literally stroke out when they found out you have to drive 20 minutes to get to a grocery store....
Only thing less than 10 minutes from my house is cows. Groceries are 12 minutes, past 2 LGS's. Then there's places like Walmart (shitty selection but some shotguns) and Rural King Academy Sports and the like. An easy 1/2 dozen pawn shops. Then there's Bud's and Smoky Mountain Knife Works about 25 minutes away, and at least another 1/2 dozen LGS's along the way.

I miss MA not a f***ing bit, I'll happily drive my old 93 GMC pickup down country roads and wave at the real tractors as I go by...

I like to stimulate the economy so I don’t discriminate against any FFLs. Except those muppets in Middleton who called the authorities years ago.

News flash for you, those muppets sold the business about 4 years ago. They have nothing to do with it anymore so you're not accomplishing anything by boycotting.

News flash for you, those muppets sold the business about 4 years ago. They have nothing to do with it anymore so you're not accomplishing anything by boycotting.
Well they're pretty stupid for not clearing the air, then. Not that it really matters given it's likely still just as bad as most of their regional contemporaries, outside of 2 other smaller shops i can think of.

Good to know, didn't say I was. I also never mentioned boycotting anyone. I don't stroke my e-penis like some folks do. You should un-bunch your panties. Newsflash: do business with all the FFls you want to & don't with the ones you elect not to. Why is this hard? Some people shop at Market Basket, some people shop at Whole Foods.... you're going not going to get AIDS form either, and... GASP, you can shop at both.

Might want to pull back the bold machine.

Not that it matters, but my dislike for said muppets came from my own bad experience there. It happens. Really not that big of deal, all the power to them.

Good to know, didn't say I was. I also never mentioned boycotting anyone. I don't stroke my e-penis like some folks do. You should un-bunch your panties. Newsflash: do business with all the FFls you want to & don't with the ones you elect not to. Why is this hard? Some people shop at Market Basket, some people shop at Whole Foods.... you're going not going to get AIDS form either.

Might want to pull back the bold machine.

Panties aren't bunched, I'm just tired of the NES boycott mentality when the people everyone was pissed off at have been long gone for years.

Well they're pretty stupid for not clearing the air, then. Not that it really matters given it's likely still just as bad as most of their regional contemporaries, outside of 2 other smaller shops i can think of.

They did but nobody at NES listened.

Panties aren't bunched, I'm just tired of the NES boycott mentality when the people everyone was pissed off at have been long gone for years.

I don't call for boycotting anyone or anything. It's useless. I, personally, didn't have a good exchange with them years ago. It happens. I was new to this world back then & I probably sounded like a f***ing retarded assclown & they were sick of it as it was Obama days & they were likely peppered with dipshit questions. I don't fault them any more than myself.. I just went elsewhere.

But, when you add the nonsense with them calling the authorities... it sealed the deal for me.

Reactions: jpm
They did but nobody at NES listened.
Last i remember their response was to post something half assed and shit on half the forum in the process, unless there's /another/ thread im not aware of..... [laugh]

I don't call for boycotting anyone or anything. It's useless. I, personally, didn't have a good exchange with them years ago. It happens. I was new to this world back then & I probably sounded like a f***ing retarded assclown & they were sick of it as it was Obama days & they were likely peppered with dipshit questions. I don't fault them any more than myself.. I just went elsewhere.

But, when you add the nonsense with them calling the authorities... it sealed the deal for me.

That's cool, I'm just speaking generally

Last i remember their response was to post something half assed and shit on half the forum in the process, unless there's /another/ thread im not aware of..... [laugh]

Yup, that was the old guys. New guys posted an 'under new management' message on the website for a while back then, there wasn't anything here.

Yup, that was the old guys. New guys posted an 'under new management' message on the website for a while back then, there wasn't anything here.

I'm not a business owner, & I'd never tell any FFL how to do business... but, it seems wise to market the fact that new owners are now in control... no?

This is genuinely good information I had no effing clue about. I mean I'd go f***ing BACK had I known this.

I'm not a business owner, & I'd never tell any FFL how to do business... but, it seems wise to market the fact that new owners are now in control... no?

Well its been 4 years now (maybe 5?) so there isn't much point to it IMO. But I've pointed out several times since then that its under new ownership whenever I saw someone mentioning the old owners. IMO a name change would be the best move.

Well its been 4 years now (maybe 5?) so there isn't much point to it IMO. But I've pointed out several times since then that its under new ownership whenever I saw someone mentioning the old owners. IMO a name change would be the best move.

That wouldn't hurt... I could be wrong (probably), but I'd imagine many folks still believe ownership hasn't changed... &, if their business is still rocking, who cares? Good for them. Don't change a thing. I f***ing hate the Border Cafe, but I like that capitalism is working & idiots line up for that slop. I don't expect every company to bow down to me & my needs.

On the other hand if theyve survived the trump slump, they're probably doing something right.

On the other hand if theyve survived the trump slump, they're probably doing something right.

Moral of this story is that I'm a shitty gun owner & need to dramatically increase my collection so I get firmer grip on the scene.... the buying continues!

cliff notes please , are we now boycotting 4seasons for replying to email? I can only boycott so many businesses at the same time. I might have to stop boycotting Dean safety for making fun of my taurus shield.

Wow.. what did you say to him in the email?
Did you say something disparaging about Bella, or God forbid, Holly? I've seen Carl get short with people before, but he's always been decent to me. I think the secret to Carl's success is that he doesn't like guns. He likes planes, but last time I spoke with him he had sold his share in the plane he used to co-own. I guess Carl likes money, and dogs. I know of a few shops that when a collection gets brought in by some widow, over half of it never sees the counter, all the cherry stuff goes into the owners collection.

I fell into the noob trap and bought my first gun there. Only gun purchase I regret. Not really their fault but waiting in line to overpay for a brand new gun is a trap I only fall into once.

Everything since has been secondhand, transfer, or purchased at the Mill. Don't see the need to have regular retail store hours with tied up inventory. What are you gonna do, browse a bunch of empty guns and point them like Dirty Harry before saying "I'll take that one"?

Just text your guy at the Mill what you need and set up a time after work to pick up.....no lines, fair price, done.

Ive never seen the level of distance faggotry in my life as in mass. Even Californians aren't that retarded. Mass townies would basically end up hanging themselves if they had to live in a square state in a rural area... for anything more than a couple of days or so they would literally stroke out when they found out you have to drive 20 minutes to get to a grocery store....
This is the truth. My family out west has a vastly different idea of what constitutes "far" than I do

I fell into the noob trap and bought my first gun there. Only gun purchase I regret. Not really their fault but waiting in line to overpay for a brand new gun is a trap I only fall into once.

That’s funny; I bought a few guns there as a noob exactly because it is (was) easy and I was treated well. I’m sure I paid more than if I’d hunted around, but I don’t regret any of them.

As a noob I had no experience, so the ease of the process was worth something.

This was many years ago, before it was mobbed all the time; but I think it’s still a valid reason to go there.

And their prices on common (read: new, MA compliant) stuff are usually pretty good.

I outgrew common stuff, so they don’t have as much for me these days; but I still think of them as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom