• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anybody Tried a Grip-N-Pull?

ToddDubya

NES Member
A buddy of mine just sent me the link to this video. After beating the hell out of an inertia puller more times than I care to repeat, this thing looks like a life saver. I'm gonna contact him about prices.

[video=youtube_share;MQPsmgz_HAQ]http://youtu.be/MQPsmgz_HAQ[/video]

I'll admit, when I saw the thread title I thought, well, nevermind [laugh]

That looks cool though. I have a couple of inertia pullers, and a couple of collet based pullers. I bought a Hornady collet puller to fix a large batch of mistakes when I first started loading .223, and then a RCBS puller since I needed something for .500 Magnum and Hornady didn't make a collet in that caliber.

eBay looks like another good choice. I contacted the guy and he came back with this:

We have the three different models. The standard and large rifle are $39.99 each and the pistol model is $44.99. We offer a $10 discount if you buy all three. Shipping is $6 for one or two and $12 for all three. You can send paypal to this email address or send a check/money order to:

GRIP-N-PULL, LLC.
19 South 575 West
Blackfoot, ID 83221
208-684-4850
[email protected]

Why TF did it take so long for someone to come up with such a simple solution? Although I will miss scaring the sh*t out of my friends demonstrating an inertial puller. Always freaks people out for some reason [laugh]

Too expensive IMO, I'd pay half that much since I could buy 3 inertia pullers from Amazon for the same price as just one of these.

Interesting. You could probably make a caliber-specific version by drilling an appropriately-sized hole between the jaws of a cheap pair of pliers.

Interesting. You could probably make a caliber-specific version by drilling an appropriately-sized hole between the jaws of a cheap pair of pliers.

Those really cheap wire cutters/strippers came to mind. This one looks a little nicer than that.

As for a group buy, I've been involved with two buys and both have made it abundantly clear to me that I don't want to run one. I will happily take part though and enjoy the discount.

Those really cheap wire cutters/strippers came to mind. This one looks a little nicer than that.

As for a group buy, I've been involved with two buys and both have made it abundantly clear to me that I don't want to run one. I will happily take part though and enjoy the discount.

No. I was thinking about a pair of flea market or Harbor Freight slip-joint pliers. Just close them in a vise, center punch the seam between the jaws, and drill a hole.

[cerberus];3387853 said:
That seems like highway robbery for what it is. the hardest part is painting on the marks once you have a working machine pattern made.

I agree. I was thinking 'shut up and take my money' then I saw how much he is asking. It's a slick idea for $12-15 per handle, but for $40, he can find a different chump to sucker.

I agree. I was thinking 'shut up and take my money' then I saw how much he is asking. It's a slick idea for $12-15 per handle, but for $40, he can find a different chump to sucker.
Good old American capitalism at work baby! I shoot 4 calibers of rifle. Where else can I get the capability to pull all 4 calibers for $40?

Besides, he took the risk and has many thousands in development to recover before he starts making money. He won't make $1M off the product. The market just isn't that big. He'll be lucky to clear $100K for all his late nights and weekends.

Good old American capitalism at work baby! I shoot 4 calibers of rifle. Where else can I get the capability to pull all 4 calibers for $40?

Besides, he took the risk and has many thousands in development to recover before he starts making money. He won't make $1M off the product. The market just isn't that big. He'll be lucky to clear $100K for all his late nights and weekends.

Are you sure about that? His looks a lot like THIS in which someone else already did the R&D and he just change the design slightly and the material from anodized aluminum to stainless steel and raised the price.

Back
Top Bottom