Anybody got a barrel wrench and upper vice block I can borrow?

It appears that my new upper is in my PO Box (closed for the day[angry]) and I would like to do the swap. Does anybody have a barrel wrench and vice block for an upper that I can borrow?

I live in Northbridge and work in Ashland/Framingham so somewhere in that vicinity would be the best.

thanks!

Last edited:
You can borrow my barrel wrench (I don't have a vice block, sorry). I am in Framingham. PM me and I'll give you the location details.

Steve

You can borrow my barrel wrench (I don't have a vice block, sorry). I am in Framingham. PM me and I'll give you the location details.

Steve

You can make a set of vice blocks out of a soft pine 2x4. It is a good idea to support the upper from the inside also. A one inch oak dowel can be turned down to fit inside the upper in short order.

Yeah, I don't know about that. I've read too many horror stories of people using hodge podge stuff a vice block.

I've assembled a half dozen uppers using these wood blocks with no problems. I would rather use wood blocks with internal support than the best blocks available without internal support.

Back
Top Bottom