Any tips for drawing from a SmartCarry with an untucked shirt?

My SmartCarry just came in the mail today, and after giving it only a few minutes of practice, I figured I'd throw the question out there while I continue to do research and watch videos online.
However, up until this point, the only video's I've seen have shown drawing with your shirt tucked in.
I was hoping to use this holster in my work environment, which is a gym, and therefore need to wear athletic pants. My first concern is that with all the pants I have, the holster, even without a gun in it, already prints the outline of the holster itself on the front of my pants. Perhaps that will be less noticeable once the gun fills out the holster?? I won't know for now, as I don't have the gun in my possession yet (still waiting for my LTC to arrive). However, I'm planning on taking the holster and gun to the store with me to try different gym pants on to see which materials and types of pants won't print with it.

Anyway, back to my original question: Does anyone have any tips on how to draw quickly with an untucked shirt? It seems you have to clear the shirt with one or two hands, then pull the pants away with your support hand and draw with the strong hand, all while keeping the shirt(s) up in the meantime!

Thanks for any help!
Jeremy

Don't shoot off the family jewels. Best tip I can provide as I don't have a smart carry because the gun is too close to the family jewels.

In all seriousness, I think there is no other way but to clear the shirt or tuck it in to avoid the issue entirely. Get baggy pants. I think that will help too.

I thought that at first, but after reading from all the people who actually use it, it seems it's never been a concern for them.
Of course, there's a first time for everything!

the holster is designed so that it goes between the tucked shirt and the pants so there's no reason to untuck.

check out the pics/video on the site. Also the holster should have come with printouts on how to adjust the shirt and the belt.

the reason for me to untuck is to suit my work attire.
I've heard the whole "need to change the way you dress to carry concealed".
I guess what I'm asking here is are there any tricks to modify your draw to suit the way you dress? In my case, an untucked work/athletic shirt with athletic pants?

Although, I suppose I could wear my undershirt tucked in to the smartcarry, and just leave my work shirt untucked and it might be easier to clear and draw... Like I said, I'll have to wait until I have the gun to practice with any definitive results...

Back
Top Bottom