• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any thoughts on .22 conversion kits for center fire pistols?

SIG makes one for the 226. There are ones for Glocks and a few for 1911s. Does anyone know which functions the most reliably?

I use one with my 229 9mm and if I stick with mini-mags is shoots like a charm

remington thunderbolt about 1 in 10 failure to feed or other condition.

overall it serves its purpose.

I've got an Advantage Arms kit and put about 200 rounds down range. Bulk .22 LR is inherently less reliable than centerfire but it sure is fun and cheap to shoot. The kit works well and it's real easy to install, clean, and modify. One thing is for sure, .22LR kits will help you practice malfunction drills.

I have an Advantage Arms one for my Glock 19. I would buy another. Only very minor problems were ammo related. They recommend mini mags or Rem Golden Bullets. No issues at all with the Mini mags.

I have 2 convertion units, 1 for a Beretta 92 and1 for a CZ 75 and have put a few hunded rounds thru both with no malfunctions that I can remember. Both are factory units not the Ciener convertion units

I have an Advantage Arms kit for the FS Glocks. Runs like a champ with Rem Golden Bullets (recommended by AA).

I have a Ciener kit for my 1911. Runs fine with all HV ammo I've thrown at it, but doesn't lock open on last shot (that's the way they are designed). I'm told Ciener is hit or miss and I lucked out!

Marvel is supposed to be competition quality and I know some folks that do serious bullseye competition with them and they love 'em.

I have an Advantage Arms kit for the FS Glocks. Runs like a champ with Rem Golden Bullets (recommended by AA).

I have a Ciener kit for my 1911. Runs fine with all HV ammo I've thrown at it, but doesn't lock open on last shot (that's the way they are designed). I'm told Ciener is hit or miss and I lucked out!

Marvel is supposed to be competition quality and I know some folks that do serious bullseye competition with them and they love 'em.

For the price, it better be. Ouch.

Thanks for the info Len.

I've got an Advantage Arms kit and put about 200 rounds down range. Bulk .22 LR is inherently less reliable than centerfire but it sure is fun and cheap to shoot. The kit works well and it's real easy to install, clean, and modify. One thing is for sure, .22LR kits will help you practice malfunction drills.

There is nothing wrong with bulk 22 rimfire. The problem is to match the gun with the proper ammo. Reliability problems are most often caused by ammo that is not suited to the conversion. After a lot of experimentation, I found that my Marvel conversion worked best with Blazer bulk pack ammo.

Marvel conversions are indeed of competition quality. My Longslide conversion came with a test target; ten rounds in .72 in at 50 yds. That's the good news. The bad news is that they are very finicky. I use my Longslide for steel matches and finally opened the chamber up with a reamer to improve reliability. This would not have been necessary if I used the gun for bullseye matches only.

My factory Beretta 92FS 9mm to 22LR kit does great.
I like it enough that I've got three 22LR magazines for it.

smitty

My son has an Advantage Arms kit for his Glock 17 and loves it. It locks the slide back after the last round is fired. I have a Tactical Solutions kit for my Colt 1911 and I like it better than my Kimber kit. The Kimber, like most 1911 kits, uses an aluminum slide, that won't lock back when the pistol is empty. The Tactical Solutions uses a steel slide. This makes the gun heavier and locks the slide back.

My son has an Advantage Arms kit for his Glock 17 and loves it. It locks the slide back after the last round is fired. I have a Tactical Solutions kit for my Colt 1911 and I like it better than my Kimber kit. The Kimber, like most 1911 kits, uses an aluminum slide, that won't lock back when the pistol is empty. The Tactical Solutions uses a steel slide. This makes the gun heavier and locks the slide back.

Hmm. Those are the two most likely candidates. My 1911 is a SIG so I'll have to check if it fits.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom