• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any notice the heavy traffic in gun shops lately?

if people didnt feel threatened by the gov., half the guns that are out there right now would not be. They would still be sitting in a box in a gun store.

This just shows you just how stupid some people are, they keep trying to make guns illegal, and all they accomplish is for people to buy more and more before they are illegal.

No offense to 4Seasons, but I've stopped going there to browse. It's just too damn crowded. You can't look at anything, it takes 45 minutes to buy a box of ammo because you can't get near the counter, and everyone's buying guns so all the employees are nose-deep in paperwork and on the phone. I still go there when I need to get something specific, but as far as casual browsing, it's no good. At least not at the times when I can make it there, which is late Thurs and Sat.

That's the only time I can go too. When they close they lock the door, but anyone still in the store get's taken care of. I browse until someone is free to help me. Most of my purchase's there, Ammo, Holsters, Guns etc, I've done so after the door is locked.

Carl took care of us in 10 minutes, while everyone else was looking or buying guns.
I've bought maybe 5 guns from Carl over 5 years. And he recognizes me when I come in.
This may be part of the problem I have with FS. I don't know Carl personally. I don't even know him from a hole in the wall. I'm just some nobody wandering in off the street and standing in line like most everyone else. I feel like a number because I am a number there. On the other hand, in the smaller shops, I feel like a real customer. Makes a big difference to me.

IMO gun sales are probably at least halfway to ObamaScare levels, at least on handguns. Any of the bigger shops are getting hammered with sales. I don't think the demand on ammo is nearly as high as it used to be during that infamous period, though.

-Mike
IMHO, this assessment is right on the money.

This may be part of the problem I have with FS. I don't know Carl personally. I don't even know him from a hole in the wall. I'm just some nobody wandering in off the street and standing in line like most everyone else. I feel like a number because I am a number there. On the other hand, in the smaller shops, I feel like a real customer. Makes a big difference to me.

One of the reasons I go to northshore as much as I do, that and its only 10 mins with traffic

out here in western mass theres not many people in the gun stores. all the ones ive been to have never had more than 10 customers in at one time.

but then again western mass voted primarily blue, while eastern voted red. go figure

I go to FS and I too run into the same problem now and then. And I am going at 12-1pm on weekdays so don't think that it's much better earlier on in the day. Woburn is like that, you think it's early enough and most people are working but yet anywhere you go there's a ton of people. I like the fact that they are busy, it means they will be there for a long time to service the community, and it allows you to get a broader knowledge of firearms by just listening to everyone's conversations. On the other hand it isn't wise to go there if you are on a time restraint. If you are, simply ask someone if you can make your small purchase of targets or ammo before they sit there and finger f*** something they probably aren't even going to buy. :) Of course, always be polite. The people there are always super helpful and willing to take the time to answer any questions you may have, and I'm talking about everyone, not just staff but customers as well.

Oh and CLMN, you can easily spot Carl as he has his photos up on the website. So the next time you go take a look at the pics first and I can almost guarantee you will see him there, and introduce yourself. You can't get to know someone if you don't at least try. He seems like a very nice guy and I'm sure he will take the time to talk with you.

Well since you felt so neglected for no one pointing out the previous spelling errors, please allow me to point out that you incorrectly spelled "ovelooked" and "surpirsed".

Better? [laugh]

Go to your original post, click edit, advanced, and you can edit the thread title as well.

you guys know that Four Seasons is not the only gun shop in the I-95/I-93 area right? Off the top of my head... Northshore firearms, Collectors Gallery and Roach's Sporting goods are all excellent stores.

Lots of stuff happening.. Spring fever, everybody starts thing of outdoors and shooting. tax returns coming back, people have a bit a free cash.
Also a lot of panicking. Rumors of an Executive order AWB, The scare on shotguns, and the fact that saigas are gone. maybe middle east, looming gas crisis, and the union demonstrations have got peple wondering too.

I've bought maybe 5 guns from Carl , over 5 years. And he recognizes me when I come in. There's a reason why his shop is so successful.

I think I've only bought 2 or 3 from Carl over the years, but he also recognizes me when I come in. I buy most of my ammo and targets there. He may not know my name but always gives me a nod and a recognition smile. It is a great store with great people. I just wish they had more standing room, or a better layout for browsing. I like hanging out at ZHA because there are guns literally stuffed into every possible corner of that shop, so even if it's busy you've got plenty of stuff within an eyeballs reach to try not to buy like your mortgage depended on it. Plus you can just plop down on the couch and shoot the shat if they're doing lots of sales and can't get to you right away.

if people didnt feel threatened by the gov., half the guns that are out there right now would not be. They would still be sitting in a box in a gun store.

This just shows you just how stupid some people are, they keep trying to make guns illegal, and all they accomplish is for people to buy more and more before they are illegal.

Sound familiar? Prohibition seems to always render unintended consequences.

you guys know that Four Seasons is not the only gun shop in the I-95/I-93 area right? Off the top of my head... Northshore firearms, Collectors Gallery and Roach's Sporting goods are all excellent stores.

I honestly did not know that, but then again I have enjoyed all of my trips to FS (except maybe one) so I haven't really looked around. I will definitely check those places out though because I like to support local businesses. Thank you for sharing that.

Back
Top Bottom