• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any MA Gun Store's specialize in Single Action?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Just wondering if there are any gun stores in MA that have a decent selection of Single Action revolvers? They don't have to be originals, but some decent repros would be good. There doesn't seem to be in my area, so wondering what people have seen in their local shops. Must be some place in the state that services the SASS group somewhere. If there is my google foo must be weak as I could find it

(See Greg, I did try to look elsewhere first so your ovaries wouldn't hurt today)

Bass Pro Shops in Foxboro had a lot last time I was there. There were a couple of rows full in one of the counters. Cabelas might have some too but I don't recall from the last time I was there.

edit: I remember at least one Uberti and a bunch of Rugers.

Last edited:
stopped into Gartman lately? They usually have some SA revolvers in the case on the left when you walk in.

Thanks guys. I'll check them out.

Been a LONG time since I've been to Tombstone, but with a name like that it might be the place to go.

Hetzer, thanks for the info but I generally try to stay away from buying guns from BPS or Cabela as I'd rather give the money to an FFL in state to keep the money local and gun stores in business.

So I have two places to check at least.

If you are looking for something special, there is a shop in southern NH that specializes in CAS support and action work. You do have to have them transferred as I am sure you are aware.

http://cowboygunworks.com/

He has helped out some on NES before.

Good luck. Matt

If you are looking for something special, there is a shop in southern NH that specializes in CAS support and action work. You do have to have them transferred as I am sure you are aware.

http://cowboygunworks.com/

He has helped out some on NES before.

Good luck. Matt

I did see them in my search. They look like a great shop. I'll have to check out their prices and see how it works out.

Thanks guys. I'll check them out.

Been a LONG time since I've been to Tombstone, but with a name like that it might be the place to go.

Hetzer, thanks for the info but I generally try to stay away from buying guns from BPS or Cabela as I'd rather give the money to an FFL in state to keep the money local and gun stores in business.

So I have two places to check at least.

I agree but when I wanted a coach gun, I had to go to a store that actually had coach guns lol.

Last edited:
They have Colt SA Army Revolvers. Good people there, David and Jason are great guys to talk to and deal with. Good Luck

Dave, Art or Jason are good to work with. Tombstone has a good selection of new and used SAA's, mostly Rugers but a few other used brandings. If you want to cash in a CD beforehand, check out the collectible Colts....no affiliation, just a happy regular customer.

Troy,

Last time I was in Callaghan's Firearms Sales in Marlborough, he'd bought a bunch of original SA's from... an estate? Widow selling her hubby's collection? I forget which. From his listings on GunBroker, looks like he's still got some.

Richie got into it years ago to support his black powder hobby, so I think he'll be a resource you might like. Tell him I said hi.

Back
Top Bottom