Any firearm friendly home insurance co's in NH ?

My Girl and I are looking for a home in NH to get out of the peoples republik of Ma and back to God's country.
In Mass I've had to hide my firearms from insurance inspections but with 400+ we now need
a friendly company when we buy our new home.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

My Girl and I are looking for a home in NH to get out of the peoples republik of Ma and back to God's country.
In Mass I've had to hide my firearms from insurance inspections but with 400+ we now need
Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Inspections? What sort of insurance do you need that it requires inspections?

Might want to steer clear of that if there are inspections involved [shocked]

Sounds like a David Linsky bill.

I would look into what the NRA offers relative to insuring your firearms. If you aren't a member, consider joining to get access to the firearm insurance deals they have.

Might want to steer clear of that if there are inspections involved [shocked]

Sounds like a David Linsky bill.

I would look into what the NRA offers relative to insuring your firearms. If you aren't a member, consider joining to get access to the firearm insurance deals they have.

Nah, if he has that many guns, Historic is the way to go for gun coverage. Been covered here many times by Len and I.

I'm confused by this inspection you speak of.

I'm not. I've never had an insurance company NOT want to inspect every several years. Of course you can refuse but then they simply say goodbye.

In full disclosure I have a multifamily with the other units rented out, so I have no idea if single Fam insurance is similar.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
400+ firearms between you and your girlfriend? Bless you, because you are obviously a dedicated collector. I can imagine that you have some nice items that you would be heartbroken to have stolen. Are you planning to buy an existing home in NH or build a new one? The reason why I ask is because if you build one, you can have a fire resistant concrete vault built right in to hold your extensive gun collection, along with your girl's jewelry, spare cash, valuable cameras, etc. Liberty Mutual is a good company. You can insure your home (and its contents), your car, her car, boat, motorcycle, etc. under one umbrella plan and save money in the process. You may wish to check into this. Saving money is always a nice thing. The money you save can be used to add another item to your collection!

30 years with my C&R and the gun count creeps up on you. When the hobby shop floor collapses , ya know you have too many.... in that room.
Girlfriend is driving the move to NH so she can buy what she wants, got'a love that!
We've looked into the NRA insurance for the toys (Life member NRA) it's great but our problem is that some home owners policy holders cancel you for having evil things....rottweilers, trampolines etc...
Dad's policy in Everett was cancelled after a failed break in because the officers wrote in the report there were multiple <empty> gun cases visible. He filed to get the door repaired then had to find a new company! Grrrrr

We're trying to avoid that. What is the 'Historic' insurance and has Liberty mutual been gun friendly? (We have Liberty on the vehicles now in Mass)

Thanks !!!

30 years with my C&R and the gun count creeps up on you. When the hobby shop floor collapses , ya know you have too many.... in that room.
Girlfriend is driving the move to NH so she can buy what she wants, got'a love that!
We've looked into the NRA insurance for the toys (Life member NRA) it's great but our problem is that some home owners policy holders cancel you for having evil things....rottweilers, trampolines etc...
Dad's policy in Everett was cancelled after a failed break in because the officers wrote in the report there were multiple <empty> gun cases visible. He filed to get the door repaired then had to find a new company! Grrrrr

We're trying to avoid that. What is the 'Historic' insurance and has Liberty mutual been gun friendly? (We have Liberty on the vehicles now in Mass)

Thanks !!!
Girlfriend and I own a condo. We keep three firearms (long guns) in a small-arms locker at home, along with about 500 rounds of ammunition. Liberty Mutual insures our condo and both of our cars. We do not have any dogs (one of their major concerns), only a sweet-tempered female Himalayan cat named "Pearl". Our firearms are not collectors' items; simply reliable, inexpensive firearms that are used for hunting, target shooting and home defense (Remington 870 12 gauge with extended mag tube, stainless .223/5.56 mm Ruger Mini 14/5 and a bolt-action stainless Ruger KM77 MKII in .308). If I had collectors' items, I would definitely up the insurance coverage and eat the higher premium.

I'm confused by this inspection you speak of.

Firearms insurance thru NRA or Historic Firearms is the way to go depending on $$ value of collection (NRA is ~2x Historic, but the minimum premium on Historic may make it more for small collections).

As for inspections!

In 1971 when we moved to our first apartment in Groton CT (1 of 26 apts in a long brick 2-story building), our insurance company insisted on an inspection of the inside of the apartment for renters insurance. I was a bit surprised but didn't think a lot about it back then. [Don't remember which company either.]

Never had an inside inspection of our apt in Waltham or current house by any company. They did inspect the outside of my house only. After a total renovation and addition I requested an inspection as I had no idea of replacement value of the house, but it was strictly outside. My town sent an assessor to do inside and outside inspection for taxes (good thing too as they had an office and family room listed as 2 additional bedrooms).

I'm not. I've never had an insurance company NOT want to inspect every several years. Of course you can refuse but then they simply say goodbye.

In full disclosure I have a multifamily with the other units rented out, so I have no idea if single Fam insurance is similar.

I've been a home owner since 1999......insured by USAA the whole time and they have never asked to inspect my home.

Thanks !!!

Alot of places that insure guns will want at serial numbers/ gun models so that if there stolen they replace them knowing exactly what you have on the policy is a pretty good to cover your ass. Otherwise if your collection got stolen they'll probably only cover you to a maximum amount not " appraisal " value of each gun individually.

Alot of places that insure guns will want at serial numbers/ gun models so that if there stolen they replace them knowing exactly what you have on the policy is a pretty good to cover your ass. Otherwise if your collection got stolen they'll probably only cover you to a maximum amount not " appraisal " value of each gun individually.

NOT true for Historic Firearms! Most likely true for homeowners if total is >$x and another good reason (besides being 2x as expensive as NRA and 4x as expensive as Historic) to avoid this method of insuring.

You need a new insurance company. I had one external stop by to take basic pictures of the structures. Then I got my policy. No internal inspection and no follow ups in six years.

400+ firearms? Sounds like my finished basement [smile]

49F32184_zps479af821.jpg

Lol ...I wish [sad2]

No inspection ever.

When I bought my condo, my insurance co did a quick inspection.

It was 5 min walk through, look for smoke detectors, and make note of appliances, tvs, computers, etc.

Never asked about firearms, and I never volunteered. Granted my collection isn't much or worth a significant amount.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom